• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tach cable help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph Dicksen

I have a 1997 7305 cub with the Mitsubishi diesel, I’m trying to remove the dash cluster to replace a couple switches and give it a good cleanup!
My problem is I can’t detach the tach drive cable from the back of the tach. It has a white plastic retainer that looks like I need to squeeze a tab and pull! It’s not releasing easily, and I have not used any tools such as a prying device! I’m just wondering if I’m missing something!? I certainly don’t want to break it!
Sending thanks in advance for any advice/ tips or tricks!

Latest posts

Back