Super 54" blade lift rod

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceckhardt

displayname
Camden J Eckhardt
Guys I've been scouring the archives but can't seem to find a fix for the lift rod on my blade. It's a 54" mounted on a 1572. It broke initially, but when it was in one piece it would only raise an inch or 2. I thought I read of a fix on one of these threads but I can't recall where. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Cam

I was reading your post while the Wife was watching Bomb Girls lol. I have a 54" blade here and on my 1512 I have no problem with lift. I think you should get over 6" . One repair I used on my 450 snow blower was to weld in a turn buckle. Since lift is what you want you will have to cut out a lot of lift rod.With the tractor lift all the way ahead when you pull back on the hyd lift handle you will get lots of lift. You might want to have leave some slack for a not so level surface . to high a lift will take away all ability to push anything that is ahead but lower than the tractor. Are you sure the rock shaft does not have a broken pin. ??

Don, thanks for the response. I hadnt thought of the rock shaft. I will take a look at that and go from there. Thanks for the help! Cam

Ok! I'm not sure about the schematic pic on the MTD site for the owners manuel for my 54" Haben snow blade on my 1572. I'm wondering if I'm missing a piece of hardware. My lift rod is hooked at the same lift point as the adjustable link for the mower deck. It looks like I'm missing a form of a support bar, but I'm not sure. Can someone post a pic of one of these hooked up so I can see what a correct one looks like? Thanks! Cam

I have a lift rod for a 54" blade that was used on a 1862 that I could post a picture of. They might be the same?? Let me know if you want a picture and I will post it in the am.

Ok, I think I'm closing in on the problem. Missing parts! I know I'm missing the cross shaft support strap, but I wonder if theres more? I looked at a 1872 that had a blade attchment on it. It looked like a seperate lift arm that was outside the frame. But also I am missing the height adjustment stop that is on outside of the frame and whatever mechanism runs the height adjustment guage on the left side of the tunnel. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Cam, here's a few photos of one that my parents used to own. The other handle that is outside the frame is for the angle adjust. It allows you to adjust the blade angle from the seat. If you have the optional hydraulic angle kit you would remove the manual adjust handle and it's related parts.

255788.jpg

255789.jpg

255790.jpg

Kraig, awesome pics! That is exactly what I have. I wish I had a hydraulic angle. I found a parts schematic for the hydraulic lift system on my 1572 and realized my rock shaft is MIA! How tough is it to install one without completely disassembling the tractor?

Latest posts

Back