• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Still getting to know my 1862

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcamille

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Gary Camille
20200604_172128.jpg
The granny fill port under the seat.
Does it screw off or just pull up ?
Doesn't want to do either one with out force. I did try to turn it with force and the whole fill tube turned.
So don't know if I break something at the base connection. So didn't want to pry up with force, was afraid the tube would pop out.
Any help appreciated.

it unscrews maybe 2/3 of a revolution and then pulls up. BUT there is tendency for the aluminum tube to spin in the trans-axle case. on my 2182, I have to hold the tube while turning the dipstick - not easy since It has a sims cab and the access to the tube is from the rear of the tractor and the dipstick is under the seat. Mine has an o-ring seal on the dipstick which is why it sticks a little - I am assuming this is common to all of them

Back