• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sitting cubs up on their tail

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cub1961

i have seen some pics of folks doing this in order to work on the underneath easier. is this an acceptable practice for a tractor with oil in the motor?

I thought you were going to post about this...

511.jpg

That came to my (slightly demented) mind too Kiraig.

I’ll post the other two photos from that event this evening. There was a flood there and that is after the water receded. The “floatation” tires on the rear of the Cub Lo-Boys floated the tractors during the flood and left them standing on their grills.

Kevin is correct, Hurricane Agnes was the cause of the flooding. Here's the other two photos.

Flood_02.jpg

Flood_03.jpg

Here's another photo that I had forgotten about, along with more detail. This was posted by former forum member Scott Sunderland way back in 2002:

Scott Sunderland (Ssunderland) on Tuesday, February 05, 2002: I found this picture this summer and have wanted to post it since then. The building in the center right of the picture is(was) the IH depot in Harrisburg, PA. This picture was taken in June of 1972 after Hurricane Agnes. This picture helps to explain the pictures Bryan has with the LowBoys sitting on the grills.

Flood_04.jpg

I’ll post the other two photos from that event this evening. There was a flood there and that is after the water receded. The “floatation” tires on the rear of the Cub Lo-Boys floated the tractors during the flood and left them standing on their grills.
Nooooo, really?

I lived in Allegheny County, New York during that storm. We lived just east of the Genesee River. I saw water every where. We lost power for a week and milked the cows by hand for two days before my dad found a generator big enough to power the vacuum pump to milk.

Back