• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Setting the valves on Kubota D600 and others

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpientka

displayname
Bernie Pientka
Don,

Valve clearance on 1512 is 0.00571 to 0.00725 (Factory spec)
Valve clearance (cold)-intake and exhaust - 0.0059-0.0071.

Bernie Pientka

Thank you very much for that info; but I know my feeler gauges don`t have those numbers on them ??
1a_scratchhead.gif

what is 0.00571 =

and 0.00728 =

Is it 5 th and 7 th ?

Don, I bet if you set the valves to .006" you would hit the middle of all the specs. Don't know why any person/company would set a spec to within a hundred thousanth of an inch !

Allen Schumacher

Thanks ; that
1a_scratchhead.gif
made me think. we have had metric here for a long time and I have issues some time with conversions.
thumbsup_old.gif

Sorry Don,

I just put down what was in the service manual.

Yes they are inch measurement.

The strange part is the manual lists one range as "Factory specification" (0.00571 to 0.00728 in.). Then in another section it lists (cold) (0.0059 to 0.0071 in).

I agree with Allen's suggestion of 0.006" and go with it.

Bernie

Don, use .006 feeler gauge and it should have slight resistance. You don't want them to tight because the valves won't seal completly. I try to go in the middle of the spec's. I work on diesels everyday and haven't had any problems.You can look at the manual in the manual section at this website. They have the best info, here. Thanks Guys for such a good cub site.

Thanks Charlie and all ; I will go with .006 and set them next day in the shop. I have to take my daughter to the city today for an operation on her brain.

Don, I hope and pray that it's nothing too serious and all goes well!
icon_eek.gif

Don, hope your daughter surgery went well and all is well. Been there done that.

My daughters operation was slated for 8.15 am ; So the hospital wanted her there at 6.30. We left home at 4.15 and made it there on time and she got in the hospital clothes and laid down in a bed in day surgery and waited. At 2.30 that afternoon they came to her and cancelled the operation after postponing it about 5 times .I was pi$$ed to say the least and Vicki was very disappointed.After they stressed she had to have this operation and then cancel.GGGGRRRR They told her she is now number 1 on a list and could get a call with in a week.They stressed that her aneurysm had grown since last checked and needed to have a stent placed over it . This is some new procedure that the doctors have perfected and only a few have been done in Canada. sorry for my Rant !

Don, thanks for the update. Sorry the surgery was cancelled. Best wishes to you and your daughter.

Don-

Ditto on Kraigs comment.

Did they explain the cancellations? I'm guessing the other operations before hers just took too long. This has to be tough on Mom and Dad too.

I'm sure that everyone that has been made aware is thinking about you and your family.

Good luck with everything!

Latest posts

Back