• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Series 3000 attachments

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwingerson

displayname
Kent Wingerson
I'll try another question since the brighter lamps for a 3184 didn't get a reply.

Can the rear attachments used with a 3 point hitch on a 149 also be used on a 3184 with the 3 point that works on a 3184? In other words, will the 3 point that goes with a 3184 allow me to use the hitch and Brinley plow I used on my 149?

Thanks!
Kent

Kent, the 3184 has whats called a CAT-0 3 point hitch. The 149 has what <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> called a 3 point hitch but it isn't a "proper" 3 point hitch it requires a Sleeve Hitch Adapter to mount the plow. You can use the Sleeve Hitch plow on the CAT-0 hitch but you will need an A-Frame adapter like this one:

88631.jpg

88632.jpg

Great pics! Very cool to know it's doable. Are the A-frame adapters hard to find?

I guess the front mount implements from my 149 are another story altogether - not possible, I'm guessing.

Thanks!!

Kent, the A-frame adapter should be fairly easy to find. The front mount attachments are not likely to fit.

Yes, I see the front blade isn't going to be possible. I have the sleeve hitch adapter which would not be needed any more either.

Would the single hydro control handle which now raises and lowers the deck also control the CAT 0 hitch position... or would I need another control handle added on?

I need to find out the cost of an A-frame adapter too... guess I'll poke around the web.

Thanks,
Kent

Kent, I'm not that familiar with the 3184 but I would assume that they use the same hydraulic lift lever. Perhaps Lonny B. will post I know he has a 3000 series Cub Cadet with a CAT-0 3 point. If you're handy with a welder the A-frame wouldn't be that hard to fab up. I have the dimensions written up from mine that I could post again.

Kent, an Aframe is available on that auction site. Brinly makes em and some others are making their own to sell. They will be around 85 bucks and up. My 3208 has dual hydraulics. One for the deck and one to the front for a blade or thrower. I am gonna tap into that one for the rear lift.

Thanks for the input Kraig & Glenn. I know people who are handy with a welder, but it's not me. I'm trying to contact Lonny again.

Actually in the last week I've looked at a bunch of the sponsors sites... just didn't know what I needed to look for then....
bouncy.gif

Kent, looks like CC Specialties has the A-Frame adapter, good price too.
happy.gif
Click on the link above and then click on the "3 Points & Sleeve Hitches" menu and scroll down.

Thanks, Kraig! Maybe they will be able to confirm whether an additional control lever will be needed beside the one that does the deck now.

Cheers!

Kent

The 3184 will require a 3 point lift kit which has the valve body and handle needed to control the rear 3 point. part #207 3 point hitch.
88695.jpg

The lever and valve body that control the deck does not control the rear 3 point nor will it work for a front angle/lift for a blade, the way it is designed it only controls the deck.
For the front you will need to get items #288 hydraulic angling kit and # 343 front hitch and hydraulic kit that goes with it.

It is best to have these options installed by your dealer as they are not a simple install.

Lonny - thanks for the exploded view, details, and again for sending the Email info. I don't think the dealer I'd be going to has done one of these before.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back