• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Serial number lookup

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stephen,
Go back to the previous page. On the last post by Digger at the very bottom, click on the words "Cub Cadet FAQ." This explains the whole thing. :bluethumbsup:

Not sure if you can answer this for me or maybe someone else can. I have a 1976 International 1250 Cub Cadet with a 12 hp (8.9 kW) Kohler engine. We got it running when we brought it home. But know it does not want to start. We got it started with jumper cables hooked up the the starter. But know when we try to start it it rolls into gear and we have to mess with it to get it in neutral and know there is no spark to the spark plug not sure what the problem is.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can answer this for me or maybe someone else can. I have a 1976 International 1250 Cub Cadet with a 12 hp (8.9 kW) Kohler engine. We got it running when we brought it home. But know it does not want to start. We got it started with jumper cables hooked up the the starter. But know when we try to start it it rolls into gear and we have to mess with it to get it in neutral and know there is no spark to the spark plug not sure what the problem is.
There's way to much wrong with your post. :drool2:
8.9 KW? Kilowatt?
Rolls into gear? 1250 is a hydrostat

How bout you post a pic of the machine or the serial number so you and us both know what you really have.

There's way to much wrong with your post. :drool2:
8.9 KW? Kilowatt?
Rolls into gear? 1250 is a hydrostat

How bout you post a pic of the machine or the serial number so you and us both know what you really have.

no model number tags on the hood. serial number is 2050630U572317.I believe it has a kohler engine in it.

OK, I went and took some pics. Let's try this again.
Here we are looking at the place on the tranny where the number is on my 100.
Notice the part of the tranny you can see.
"pic removed"
Now a pic of it a little closer. You can even start to see the numbers faintly.
"pic removed"
Now a pic of me pointing my pen at the number.
View attachment 137094
Also, make real sure your number is not on the small square block which is shown just to the left of the point of my pen.
That is where the number is on my 70. It is stamped real lightly onto the block. Make sure you sand that block all the way down to bare metal in order to see the number.
Thank you.

My Son got this rough (1964) 100 at an auction for a great price (has a creeper gear and hitch). But the "serial # block" was blank..??? I was like it has to be on it somewhere the old caked-on oil was covering up the numbers.

Yours has a Very Very nice paint job. This one is definitely a project 100 and hope it doesn't cost to much to get it running.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpgIMG_0694.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back