• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sears Air compressor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joligschlaeger

displayname
Joe Oligschlaeger
I purchased this Sears air compressor in the '70s and it is getting tired.
I need to lower the shut-off pressure in order to keep it running on and on to build up to the 150#
would prefer 125 or close to it.

Joe, have a picture of it? Sears model could help. Also the multi digit ID # xyz.abcde can get us the origional mfgr which may get us an instruction book. A.

Joe - not sure what you are looking for - pressure switch, pump or new unit altogether...

Excellent reference, Allen. I learned a lot from viewing it. Joe, if you're still with us, look for a differential pressure adjustment and turn it counter-clockwise; if your unit doesn't have a differential setting, turn your range adjustment counter-clockwise. If you don't know what you have, check your pressure reading when the compressor comes on (cuts-in) and when it shuts off (cuts-out)

--oh yeah, yours never makes it to cut-off.

Never mind,

Just back out on the range setting (counter-clockwise) until the unit cuts off, and then turn up the cut-in pressure (clockwise) with the differential pressure adjustment (if your unit has the option) if you don't have enough air with which to work.

Or bite the bullet and by a new compressor (I'm reading Joe's message the same way, Allen).

More information,,
This is a model 106.154780.
I also, after trying to read an unreadable small number find this label on the pressure switch
CW2075-14
Thanks

Back