• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Scam or not?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Furlow

Have any of you guys ever bought something or worked with a gentleman by the name of Scott Milerio? I’m about to close a deal with him and before I send him money I’d like to know if I’m getting screwed or not, he seems like a nice guy but I don’t wanna lose $400 because we all know scammers can be nice too. tia fellas

Tyler, what's your gut feeling? The fact your asking for opinions tells me your not comfortable with the situation.Names mean nothing ,I got stung for $300 bucks 2 mos. ago.The name he gave also was from my area..Nope not really...He drove away with my mower in his truck (partial payment)

i always get people to send me photos with random objects of my choosing in the picture such as a hammer, screwdriver , newspaper. This way you can at least affirm that he has the part. A lot of these guys are using internet photos for scams.

For me it has come to the point where I wouldn't buy anything from an unknown private seller on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist, etc. without being able to go look at and pick up the parts myself. I would not buy anything for sale on a forum like this and send money in advance without the seller having a good reputation with other members. There are plenty of thieves that join forums and Facebook groups with fake names whose only purpose is to scam others for easy money. Even buyers can be dishonest!

Have any of you guys ever bought something or worked with a gentleman by the name of Scott Milerio? I’m about to close a deal with him and before I send him money I’d like to know if I’m getting screwed or not, he seems like a nice guy but I don’t wanna lose $400 because we all know scammers can be nice too. tia fellas
I assume your dealing with him somewhere else, as he's not a member here.

Just my opinion but... I, personally, would NEVER buy anything without standing in front of it, looking at it, examining it, touching it, etc., and then cash on the barrel head and haul away right then, IF I closed the deal. That's always been the best way to prevent hard feelings or great loss and sleepless nights. Understanding, of course, that 'as-is' means 'as is' and the 'taillight warranty' means as soon as your taillights are out of sight!

How are you paying? eBay, Amazon and marketplace pay will protect you but I wouldn't send a check or money order... sad, he may be legit but you never know

Not a problem in the world with guadboss, I promise you that!

He's selling parts for Ronald Armbruster.
For me, it's hard to take a seller with that name seriously. If he's legitimate why hide behind an obvious fake name? Trying to hide his past bad reputation? Yes, I believe you digger now he or she now has a good recommendation from at least one person on this forum but, I'm just saying buyer beware there's a reason for using a fake name. Being a cautious buyer using some common sense and asking questions is all part of the game.

For me, it's hard to take a seller with that name seriously. If he's legitimate why hide behind an obvious fake name? Trying to hide his past bad reputation? Yes, I believe you digger now he or she now has a good recommendation from at least one person on this forum but, I'm just saying buyer beware there's a reason for using a fake name. Being a cautious buyer using some common sense and asking questions is all part of the game.
He's a kid trying to help an old man out. The good thing is, you don't have to buy from him, but many already have, including myself and I will continue to support him and what he's doing.👍👍

The original question was about a "Scott Melirio", somehow this sidetracked to someone else.
Just pointing this out so OP doesn't perceive recommendations for one and take it for the other...
And the OP never said where the deal was taking place!

The original question was about a "Scott Melirio", somehow this sidetracked to someone else.
Just pointing this out so OP doesn't perceive recommendations for one and take it for the other...
This happens frequently. Like the thread about oil going now. The original question was about 30w oil, it's morphed to how to get rid of used oil. People seem to like to answer questions not asked, but I guess that's just what people do.

On another note, I've had a number of experiences where I needed to contest billing on a credit card.
My observation is that the card company always takes the customers side if they provide good documentation. I'm 3 for 3 in the last two years asking for a charge to be reversed.

If you ask enough questions over a period of time, you can almost figure out if it is a scam or not. Scammers do not like to answer questions, they just want you to hurry and send them the money.

Legitimate people do use odd names to protect themselves. Almost all sites require a code name, and suggest you do not use your real name.

Curt,
If I am not mistaken, the seller gets his money, and the credit card company eats the loss. It is too costly for the card co. to try and track down the seller and get their money back.
Kind of like shoplifting. Stores do not prosecute shoplifters, because of the cost of legal fees, court costs, and time spent in court.
There was an instance on the news the other week where a woman employee tried to stop a shoplifter. When management found this out, she was fired from her job!
I have personally witnessed people going out of Walmart with a shopping cart full of stuff with nothing bagged up, and no receipt. They just went straight out of the store, nowhere even close to a checkout. No one even said anything. I thought if the store don't care, why should I?

Latest posts

Back