• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Saying Hi from Olympia WA.

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Roger Mihay

Thanks for letting me join this group. I have a 2146 that I purchased two years ago with 526 hours on the meter. It has been running perfectly till this last week, then the engine started surging. I have replaced the fuel filter and disassembled the carb looking for any issues there, none found. After reassembly with new new gaskets the engine still surges at all throttle settings. Anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks, Roger

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
There have been several threads on this on various models over the years.

First look in the gas tank. Do you see anything in it besides gasoline? Old grass, etc can get in there, and interfere with fuel flow.

if tank looks good, remove fuel outlet line, and check for good flow to carb.

It is possible that you are experiencing governor issues, and it may need to be adjusted. Consult a service manual. What engine do you have? It may be available free at Kohler s website, or it may be in the manuals available here or at CCSpecialties.

Oh yeah, and welcome Roger!

Roger Mihay

Sorry for the delay, Father's Day with the kids. The engine is a Linamar XZ390. Yes, I checked the tank and it doesn't have any debris in it. I need to get a service manual to look into the governor adjustment.
Thanks

Cubbie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
Welcome, Roger. Thanks for joining. Got any pics?

Latest posts