Sandblast cabinet pick-up tube mod

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
It might have been as much as a couple of years ago when I found a write-up of a siphon gun pick-up mod/improvement for a sandblast cabinet. I have been searching for a while and can't find it anywhere.

If anyone knows of the article or thread Id sure like to know. The guy made a modification to the tubes that serve as the pick-up for the gun. I can't remember where or what website I found it but it was a nice improvement and I need it for my blast cabinet. This might be one of those needle in the haystack things but I thought I'd try. With my luck it was probably in the old registry.

TIA.

Wayne,

Let me know if you find it. I'd be interested in it, too.

I looked again this morning for at least an hour and still came up short. The write-up I'm speaking was involved. In other words, I would never be able to figure it out on my own so that's why I'm continuing my search. It may very well have been on the registry so....

Wayne - Did you ever find it ?

What do you remember that you were needing to modify ?

With some info I might could find it.

The search that I just did only had one small article that a guy put a washer over the end of the pick up tube to break up the sand clumps.

Best mod I ever did to my cabinet was to mount a fractional HP fan motor with a washer welded off center to the shaft so it shakes.. keeps the glass bead shaken down in the hopper. The TP catalog used to have one in it..

Kentuck-

Yep...I got it. Aaron over at Xtrememotorworks (sp) sent it to me a while back. It's in pdf and I don't know how to post it. If you want I'll send you the email and you can post it for others to see.

Gerry-

That's a clever idea about the off center washer on a small motor.

Wayne - I'll fix it up and post it later (and fix the mistakes!)
I might as well do it to my blast cabinet too , it's not really had any problems though.

Latest posts

Back