• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Sandblast cabinet pick-up tube mod

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
It might have been as much as a couple of years ago when I found a write-up of a siphon gun pick-up mod/improvement for a sandblast cabinet. I have been searching for a while and can't find it anywhere.

If anyone knows of the article or thread Id sure like to know. The guy made a modification to the tubes that serve as the pick-up for the gun. I can't remember where or what website I found it but it was a nice improvement and I need it for my blast cabinet. This might be one of those needle in the haystack things but I thought I'd try. With my luck it was probably in the old registry.

TIA.

Wayne,

Let me know if you find it. I'd be interested in it, too.

I looked again this morning for at least an hour and still came up short. The write-up I'm speaking was involved. In other words, I would never be able to figure it out on my own so that's why I'm continuing my search. It may very well have been on the registry so....

Wayne - Did you ever find it ?

What do you remember that you were needing to modify ?

With some info I might could find it.

The search that I just did only had one small article that a guy put a washer over the end of the pick up tube to break up the sand clumps.

Best mod I ever did to my cabinet was to mount a fractional HP fan motor with a washer welded off center to the shaft so it shakes.. keeps the glass bead shaken down in the hopper. The TP catalog used to have one in it..

Kentuck-

Yep...I got it. Aaron over at Xtrememotorworks (sp) sent it to me a while back. It's in pdf and I don't know how to post it. If you want I'll send you the email and you can post it for others to see.

Gerry-

That's a clever idea about the off center washer on a small motor.

Wayne - I'll fix it up and post it later (and fix the mistakes!)
I might as well do it to my blast cabinet too , it's not really had any problems though.

Latest posts

Back