• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Roll Pin Punches

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdortch

displayname
Kenneth Dortch
I've seen several Roll Pin Punch sets on eBay that I'd like to take a closer look at but not sure as of yet. I was woundering, however, if anyone has any recommendations as to which Roll Pin Punch sets they've used and maybe comment on which ones may or may not work as well as others?

111246.gif

Kenneth

Might do a couple of searches on this, as there was a thread a while back about 'em .....
thumbsup_old.gif

I went ahead and purchased this roll pin set so we'll see how good it is in the near future.
111304.gif

111305.gif

Kenneth

I've had a set from Sears fore 6-7 years now & not a problem using them, but there is a time when ONE pin decides it wants to stay in the rockshaft.........

Kyle Redlinger - Thank you for the input on your Sears roll pin punches. I've always used whatever I could find in the tool box or in the tool drawer or bench such as a drift pin or center punch or even the end of a rat tail file to add or remove roll pins and was always mad about how I had to get the job done. Well, now I've gotta roll pin that's broken off in the rockshaft of my 149 that I can't reach with anything I have so I thought after all the yelling and cut up knuckles over the years it was time to get a set of roll pin punches. The first job these punches are going to do is get that broken pin out of that darn rockshaft.

111729.gif

Kenneth

You folks may know this well, but a close look at the picture of the Baltimore roll pin punches shows that they have a little part-sphere on the end. This keeps the punch centered on the pin. I'd guess that is important, as is having the right size punch.
-
Does LS Starett make these things? If so,that's what you should look for.
-
The TSC tractor PTO size-adapters use a roll pin to keep them in place, but after installation, the pin is then hidden under the grease fitting!
icon_eek.gif

Roy Sarett does make a set of roll pin punches. I haven't been all to impressed with them, I recently replaced them with a set from Snap-on.

The thread a while back brought out that the bump in the end actually helps loosen a spring roll pin by pushing the center of the pin, which makes the spring roll contract as it's being driven.....

Latest posts

Back