• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rewiring 125 hydrostatic

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschimnich

displayname
John Schimnich
This is my first post. I am new to this. I am rewiring my 125 hydrostatic. A neighbor gave me a copy of a wiring diagram. I need to know the proper gauge wire to use and what goes to where... Any information or direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you. I just purchased a new voltage regulator. All my wires are cut off underneath my generator. No wires are going to the voltage regulator. I purchased it this way. it ran and then it quit. Hasn't ran since.

John- Go to the top of this page,(or anyother page on the forum) and click on the FAQ line. When that opens, there is another line at the top of that page that asks if your questions are not answered here, go to the cubfaq sight. Click on that and go to # 60. click on that and you should find everything you need.
Also, your 125 is a garden tractor, so you should post on the main forum page, so your questions will get more and faster responses. Curt

John I rewired my 126 and 147 about a year ago.The wiring harness is/was still available,not cheap, but depending what your time is worth,to me the price was reasonable. If you use the facrory harness it is all color coded,which can be real helpful later. Remove the engine,I did it both ways,with the engine out is definately easier and less frustrating.

Roland - Wouldn't 10ga be better from battery to solenoid to armature to carry the starting current draw ?? I'd like 8ga even better.

John & Ken:

The 14AWG wire I stated was for General Wiring and is NOT to be used for the Battery Cable(s).

The S/G only produces 15 Amps worth of current and 14AWG will handle that.

Back