• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Restoration knowlage needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A mock-up cardboard motor is the way to go. Use a pen to poke a hole for the bolt then use a Sharpie marker to label front, back RT side LT side and where everything goes. You can also attach small parts to the box as well. That's what I've been doing to my 1965 102 that I'm restoring.

I am redoing on my 782 Hydro, white and yellow one, and need to know what is the correct grill emblem. Not sure what the year is, somewhere around mid '80ies. This is my first restro project and I need all the help I can get. I have no manuels to go by. Thanks for any help.

D.S. DeArment: If your 782 is yellow and white it should have been sold through Cub Cadet Corporation and it would have had the twice-enveloped CCC logo on the grill. I've seen pictures of the emblems on this site, I'm not sure where. I would consider the CCC emblem relatively rare.

The red 82 tractors were made first by IH and then by CCC for sale in IH dealers, and the early ones at least had the IH logo on their grilles, some of the later ones may have shipped without logos. My 782 didn't have an emblem on it when I got it, and I thought the former owner had sold it or that it had fallen off; but then I heard reports from others on this site that their red CCC-era 82 tractors came to them also missing the grille emblem, so, as I said, I'm not sure if all the red 82 tractors shipped with grille emblems. Reflecting, I don't think it likely that the emblem would fall off on it's own. Perhaps CCC stopped putting grille emblems on all their tractors, yellow and white, as well as red ones too.

Perhaps someone with "dealer knowledge" extending back to the days in question will stop by and throw their two cents in.

Jeremiah, thanks for posting that. I wasn't sure which logo it should have had. After you posted I went and checked through my archives and found this:

252295.jpg

Kraig: You're a lot better "finder" than I am. All I could find were shots of Art Aytay's 2072 SGT that did not have an emblem on the front, although it had a sticker on the back; and Bernie Pientka's 1711 & 782 parts tractor --the 1711 had the emblem on the front.

Art Aytay's 2072 which can be seen on thread:
IH Cub Cadet Forum CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment Maybe we'll get snow THIS year!
Press "Here"

252306.jpg

252307.jpg

252308.jpg

Bernie Pientka's 1711 (on the right) has the emblem, his parts yellow & white 782 doesn't even have a grille, much less an emblem. I wasn't able to grab a shot of the rear of his tractor.

Bernie has posted several pictures of his 1711 on the CCC/MTD section, these came from

IH Cub Cadet Forum CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment New to me 1711
Press "here"

252309.jpg

Jeremiah, the reason Art's 2072 has a CCC decal on the fenders is because it's a replacement set of fenders from a different tractor. That 2072 originally belonged to my parents who bought it new. There never was a logo on the grill. One winter the left tire chain came loose and really bent up the rear of the left fender. Here's what it looked like before Art bought it.

252342.jpg

Back