• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Red 782 front hydraulic's

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhunt

displayname
Matt Hunt
Hi, I have a 782 that I would like to add front hydraulics to, set it up for a power angle plow. Just would like to know how it all hooks up? thanks

Here ya Go:

33544.jpg

Where did you get the control valve? Is there a generic control valve that fits - the part from CCC costs ~$300. <shudder>

Yes...The Dual Spool Valve is expensive if you order new from CC. I have seen some available on Ebay on a few ocasions. The Single spool valve is more popular.

Do you know if there is a manufacturer P/N that I could try to cross reference? I have an in-law who works with fluid power (custom parts and systems), and would like to see if he can find a similar control valve. (I'm not afraid of making my 782 or 682 into a Frankenstein machine.)
happy.gif

Thanks!

Surplus Supply stocks open center dual spool valves rated for 5 gpm for less than $300.

Single spool valves are much more common, email me if you need a single spool valve, I can probably help.

Ross check out auction # 7739881067 The guy is a forum member Rich Patten.The valve is the same one IH used with a few mods,the spool is female instead of male where it sticks out not a big deal just a wider link and it has a releif valve just set it higher than the one in the hydro.I have two from him.

(Message edited by mmasheris on January 25, 2006)

Oh no, the wife is going to be annoyed when she finds out that I spent more money on the Cub.
happy.gif

Thanks for the heads up on that auction!

Last questions from me: are the lines going to the front hookups metal or rubber? How are the the hookups anchored to the frame? (I know there are two holes in the front of the tractor - do the fittings just stick out from there, or are they attached to the frame somehow?)

Ross:

On my 784, item number 13 is Hydraulic Rubber Hose. I have seen guys, that also added the front outlets using steel lines also. Yes, the front couplers go through the holes in the front of the frame.

Ross:

The Tee in the hydraulic lines for the rear can be anywhere after the Spool Valve. Bear in mind, with the setup as indicated in this diagram, you are controlling both the front and rear outlets at the same time. To have independent control, you would have to have another Spool Valve.

33595.jpg

Hi is the white color on the 782 the same as on the Quiet line series Tractors ? Thanks James

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
Do you have to change Lines 11 and 12 when you add the dual valve front hydraulic?
Larry</font></font>

Larry S:

NO.....Those lines are the same for none front ported models.

I have to dissagree with Roland.

On the single spool valve the lines come in the bottom, and on the 2 spool they come in to the sides of the valve body.

Compare this pic to the one below;
94821.jpg

Part #s are different too. 727-3001 and 727-3000 for the single spool and 727-3015 and 727-3016 for the two spool.

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
I know I had to do a little bending on # 13 & 14 because they had to come in to the valve on the side. I was wondering if I maybe causing myself problems later by bending the line to fit? I have clearance all around the lines, but they are under tension.

Larry
</font></font>

I would say as long as they aren't bent enough to restrict flow it should be fine.

<font face="arial,helvetica"></font>
OK Thanks for the info.

I have the front hydrualics, installed on my 782 for $125.00 with new quick couplings, and it's working fine, although the valve is still yellow which hopefully will change this winter.

}Larry

Latest posts

Back