Rear rack

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edale

displayname
Everett Dale
My 982 doesn't have a 3 point so I have no way of attaching anything to the rear of my tractor. I do have a hitch ball that is on a piece of angle steel attached to the bottom two rear end cover bolts. I don't like to put a lot of weight on the ball, it seems that it would put a lot of stress on the cover bolts.

anyway, I was looking to attach some sort of rack to the back. where would be the best place to attach it. I see a bunch of holes drilled in the frame above the rear end I'm assuming these were for attachments. I also was thinking of using the bolts and holes that attach the fenders to the frame. anyone have suggestions (and photos) of what they have done?

thanks

-everettdale

Thanks for the link. I'd love to get a three point, but they cost more then I paid for the tractor. Maybe someday tho'.

I was looking at the "Xtreme Hitch - Lower Sleeve Hitch U-Bracket" stuff. but can't really figure how they mount up? do they bolt to the frame or to the sides of the rear end?

-everettdale

Everett, it mounts to both the rear and side of the rear end! That's what makes it Xtreme, well, that and that's Aaron's name for his company.
happy.gif
The standard one only bolts to the rear, sandwiched between the drawbar and differential case.

Everett D. I bought the components that I needed to complete the 782Ds cat O three point from Aaron and I am very glad that I did. Aaron's work is top notch and VERY reasonable when everything fits as it should. (Ask Rick Beem about that one.) AND you can ask Charlie and Kraig to verify this. Those couple of parts cost more than I gave for the 782D shipped to my doorstep from Virginia. I live in central Iowa.
biggrin.gif
So, go ahead and get yourself a Cat O from Aaron. You will be glad you did.

anyone got a photo showing one of the "Lower Sleeve Hitch U-Brackets" from Xtreme motorworks installed on their Cub? I've looked at the photos of the hitch, and at my cub and still can't see how it would attach.

-everettdale

Latest posts

Back