• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Question about the cadet 76

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cspangler

displayname
Cole Spangler
I recently was given a cadet 76 which I plan to put a 12.5 horse Briggs on which I am going to race so I really need to find out a what to expect from this mower. I need to find out if this mower is even worth my time

RACE???
bazooka.gif

dirt circle track racing. I will make a lawnmower do about 45 mph so it has to be strong to hold up at those speeds and turn left

My personal opinion, it would hold up fine. I never really go into that but one of the tracks where we grass dragged sleds they also had a track for that. The mowers I seen were run of the mill box store junk, granted they were modded quite a bit and pretty fast. They were not built half as good as the Cadet 76.

Cole, it's been done before. Here's one that belonged to a former forum member.

89034.jpg

89035.jpg

My son and I built this one a couple years back, Bo#*s husky. We found that a 10 hp engine with governor removed worked the best. as it had better torque out of the turns. Everyone around here use lighter vertical engined tractors though still a mite top heavy they handle more like a go-cart This engine is stock other than the governor.

89222.jpg
89223.jpg

Latest posts

Back