• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

QA42 snow blower sprocket assemble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elamott

displayname
Earl LaMott
The shaft on the sprocket assemble is worn and has to be replaced. Is there an easy way to take it apart to replace all of the parts. I am assuming the everything has to be replaced.
Any comments greatly appreciated.
Earl LaMott

The shaft on the sprocket assemble is worn and has to be replaced. Is there an easy way to take it apart to replace all of the parts. I am assuming the everything has to be replaced.
Any comments greatly appreciated.
Earl LaMott
It depends on what your setup is now and which sprocket.
https://www.ccspecialties.org/implementparts_1.html
1685478761307.png

Attachments

• 1685478668233.png
    1685478668233.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 0
Earl - It's pretty easy to take it apart. Loosen the big bolts on the chain adjuster and remove the starter link to remove the chain. The u-joint should have two set-screws to remove. Note, there should also be a cotter pin through the end of the shaft, inside the u-joint, but it looks like yours is missing & the u-joint/drive shaft is sliding off the shaft. And, your photo shows the coiled pin holding the sprocket to the shaft. Use a pin punch to drive that pin out. If the pin is sheared, it may not be aligned with the hole through the shaft. Getting it aligned to drive the pin through is probably the hardest part of the process. If you can push a wire through, it's lined up and ready to drive out. If not, you may need to pull one end of the coil pin out to find the drive shaft hole, then punch it through.

I sheared the coiled pin on mine twice this winter, and it took about a half hour to replace it. Had to disassemble, as noted above, to freely access the pin, shaft, etc, but if I can do it, anyone can.

As you can see in Charlie's (Digger's) post above, he has whatever you may need.

I did a complete rebuild on mine two years ago. Torched off old auger sprocket and welded on a new one. Fabbed new key ways. Hole nine yards. Feel free to ask anything you might not find out. 👍🏼

Is it just me or is everyone not seeing how worn the chain adjuster bracket is? It seems to look like (to me) the u-joint yoke has worn the bracket into the bearing. I know that a washer can be added to help fill the gap and I know the thread question is about sprockets but I believe that is not the only issue here.

Attachments

• IH-475541-R2 thrower bracket_small.jpg
    IH-475541-R2 thrower bracket_small.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back