• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

pto clutch not engaging

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Greg Moody

Howdy to all,I’m still working the bugs out the 2072 i brought home a month ago.I got the hydro/tranny prob solved with changing the fluid and filter👍My pto clutch is not engaging,,I did reset the gap at 12000 with a feeler gauge ,,i’m not positive that is the correct gap,i found that on the internet,i did check the ohms and it’s around 3.5,i also put direct 12volts to the clutch and it makes a clicking noise,,i’m not sure if it might be the switch or a safety switch.Any trouble shooting advise would be appreciated Thank you all👍

Attachments

• 74AAE743-84D8-4ACF-82C4-AC3D094C26B2.jpeg
    74AAE743-84D8-4ACF-82C4-AC3D094C26B2.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0

1811Cub

First switch to check is the seat switch if you can engage the PTO by holding the switch in the up position.

dgeary

displayname
Dennis Geary
If you put 12V directly to it and heard it click, then it works. The only thing further that I might suggest is to turn the pulley before and after applying power to verify. It should turn easily w/o power. If it feels like you're trying to turn the engine over after applying power, then you're good. Like 1811 Cub mentioned, next step is to check the voltage path from the switch to the clutch through any/all safety switches. Make sure there is 12V at the switch. A wiring diagram is your best friend at this point.

Greg Moody

If you put 12V directly to it and heard it click, then it works. The only thing further that I might suggest is to turn the pulley before and after applying power to verify. It should turn easily w/o power. If it feels like you're trying to turn the engine over after applying power, then you're good. Like 1811 Cub mentioned, next step is to check the voltage path from the switch to the clutch through any/all safety switches. Make sure there is 12V at the switch. A wiring diagram is your best friend at this point.
ok ,,sounds good,i will test it again,,i did order a new switch yesterday just in case.This cub has 689 original hrs so hoping to get everything working again without breaking the bank.If i can get the pto clutch back working i will address the ignition switch,,i’m jumping the selinoid to start it currently,,,thank you for the info👍👍

Latest posts