• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Prayers are needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel put your request on her website's prayer board. We shall be keepiing your friend's family in our thoughts and prayers.

We as a family will be praying for Emma,For family and friends.

Jason

Goodmorning everyone. Just an update on Emma (friend's 2 year old). Emma was admitted tonight to the pediatric ICU
at Minneapolis Children's with a high temp, fast heart rate and labored breathing. She has a septic blood infection.

Please pray...

for the antibiotics to kill the blood infection,
for her heart to recover a normal heart beat with healthy blood pressure,
for her body to be protected and restored to health.
for Mark and Liz to find strength and peace, wisdom and courage.
for Sonja to remembers this experience with feelings of being loved and cared for and not of being lonely.
for David's needs to be lovingly and patiently met in the midst of it all.
for each of them to experience grace and be strengthened in their faith through this experience
And finally, for Emma to be a living testimony of God's love and goodness

The details of Emma's condition:
Diagnosis - Septic Blood Infection
Temperature 102.5 (underarm)
Oxygen level - at 67%
Heart rate in 200's
Blood Pressure 65/36
Respirations labored
Electrolytes all out of balance

Emma has been sedated, intubated and given a central (arterial) line to monitor her blood pressure.
She is receiving antibiotics for the septic infection, fluids to correct her electrolytes, and dopamine to correct her blood pressure.
151164.jpg

Brad,
Thank you for the update, please know that the Waldal family is on our hearts and that we will continue to lift Emma and her family to our lord in prayer.

The Keefe Family

Brad, thank you for the update. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Here is another update. I know its has been awhile, I read the journal daily and hoped others have followed along but for those who haven't this was posted this morning(6-12-09) by Liz, Emma's mom.

Liz writes - Our hearts are aching with the news from the neurologist. He said Emma's brain injury is not recoverable. She has sustained a far greater amount of damage than we initially realized. He examined her yesterday when she was off the ventilator and off the sedation medicines. Her breathing was so labored that she was exhausted from struggling to breathe. Her eyes are not responsive to light or even a touch with a Q-tip. The doctors put Emma back on the ventilator and we will have her do an EEG test today. They want us there together for a care conference.

Brad B. Thank You for the update. We continue to hold Emma and everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Brad. We will continue to pray that God will help Emma and Family.

Heaven has another angel

Mark and Liz write -
June 13th at 4:20am Emma went to be with Jesus. This is big loss for our family and our hearts ache with the loss. Emma was a core part of our family and left us with a lot to remember in only two years. We all rejoice in the fact that Emma is with Jesus in a better place without cancer and suffering.

After Liz's post on Friday Sonja, Liz and I talked through Emma's condition and rested at a nearby hotel, and at 4am I was called away because Emma's blood pressure was dropping and they didn't know if she would make it through the morning. She did stabilize but it was apparent that we needed a care conference to be assured that Emma's brain injury was as extensive as we were told the day before. Liz and I needed to have a second opinion to ensure that this was the right direction to go for Emma.

Yesterday we had a care conference with six of Emma's doctors where we discussed in great length the depths of Emma's injury to her brain. So it was with great sadness that we needed to make the decision to let Emma go be with Jesus. Liz and I with our family and friends prayed and held Emma for most of the night last night and this morning after her extensive life support was removed. We were assured that she was in no pain and was very comfortable. Without the extensive life support and medicine her brain and body could not sustain itself. Then in the early morning Emma, Liz and I laid down on a bed where Emma's breathing slowed and then went to be with Jesus.

We know this is true because even at just two years old Emma knew and had to proclaim to the world, "Jesus loves me!" For that moment in time we will be eternally greatful. We would also like to say thank you to all of our family and friends for supporting us on this journey. I want to thank the president of Object Partners Inc who gave me the time to take care of my family in this trial. Without the generosity of Chris Spurgot and the OPI family that worked for me while I was in the hospital with Emma. I haven't worked at a place like this with the integrity and caring that has been given to my family in this time.

Take a moment and think about your family and care for them and then thank Jesus for having them.

Love Mark, Liz, Sonja and David.

Latest posts

Back