• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Power Loss

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sareed

displayname
scott reed
Hello. I am new here so I hope i am asking this question in the corret forum. I have an original cub cadet (which now looks like a farmall H). After the engine warms up (usually mowing) it seems to lose power and eventually stall out. I replaced the coil, the generator tests good, rewired everthing. The only thing I didnt test was the points. Could that be where the problem is? The engine also seems to run hot. Or is this not an electrical problem and perhaps I am losing compression somewhere? I checked the head and it looks good. I even replaced the gasket. Please help! I am very frustrated!

Hi Scott-

Welcome to the forum.

You really need to post your situation in the main forum here. The original is a garen tractor plus you'll simply get more response there.

Back