• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Passing down the cub bug

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkiper

displayname
bryan kiper
I have two boys that are 2 and 4. I use to have a statesman lawn mower and my 4 year old(at that time 2 and a half) always called it a mower. The day I brought home my first cub (1200) he called it a tractor not a mower. He now runs to the shed every time we go outside to look at the 1200 in the shed. He will climb up on the seat and say look dad im a tractor driver!!!!
I take him for rides all the time and let him steer. I realy think he has the cub bug. He will not sit on an mtd made mower any more not even at tsc or lowes. I use to not like to take him to these places due to not being able to get him out of the mower section. Now all he talks about is my 2 IH CUBS

Bryan--That is awesome! I have two sons as well, ages 8 and 2. They have already caught the Cub bug. My 2 year old loves mechanical things and like your son, goes from one tractor to the next when he is out in the shed. I was mowing the lawn today while he was napping. As soon as he woke up and realized I was driving the tractor and he was missing it, he fussed until my wife brought him out to me! I just got a 125 for my 8 year old and he got to cut with it last weekend for the first time. It is really cool to pass this tradition on to the next generation knowing that if wear parts are still available these tough little tractor will last another generation of use.
animatedihbear.gif

My great neice and nephew live in Boone Iowa. They are 7 and 9 yo. When they come to Tennessee for the summer they have thier own tractors. James has a 128 and Maddie has a 100. They will drive until i make them park the tractors. They love the cubs and can't wait to drive them.

yep it isn't just for boys...
my two daughters have staked their claim on my cubs--now their cubs...wait who pays for and does the repairs here

they are always willing to help me when needed

243852.jpg

243853.jpg

Jeff--Girls sometimes become even bigger fans of the brand than their male counterparts. I'm glad that yours have staked their claims!!! Good choices too.
happy.gif

I just wish I could get my wife to understand why I like my cubs so much.

Years ago my daughter claimed my Spirit of 76 as hers. This photo was taken back in 2006, she is now 17 years old and a senior in high school.

243917.jpg

Kraig--I love that photo! She looks as happy as can be on that classic bicentennial! They do grow up quick don't they? My oldest is only eight but I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out where the time went.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bryan--If we could find the answer to that question, we wouldn't have any room in our garages, sheds, houses, basements, or even yards-they'd be filled with Cubs
1AA_dance2.gif
!!!

Back