• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

One owner that i became the owner of by default

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys due to friends declining health i became the owner of a 1969 147 IH Cub Cadet Hydrostatic with hydraulic deck lift. i use a 72" diesel Kubota on our farm to mow but seems like these tractors are worth so little i may as well start using it to trim with. I really thought after going to Denton Tractor days that it would be worth at least what a John Deere is? He bought this new and after several years started restoring it and its in amazing shape. But if it's worth pennies on the dollar. I will just us it as a trim mower and keep the John Deere's in storage. any thoughts?

thomas, that is a nice-looking machine you ever got there.
IMG_0726.jpeg

the real value is in its capability and resilience. if you’re looking to flip it, you likely could. but if you keep & use it, you’ll come to appreciate it like this iHCC community would.
welcome aboard. 🚜💨

Hey guys due to friends declining health i became the owner of a 1969 147 IH Cub Cadet Hydrostatic with hydraulic deck lift. i use a 72" diesel Kubota on our farm to mow but seems like these tractors are worth so little i may as well start using it to trim with. I really thought after going to Denton Tractor days that it would be worth at least what a John Deere is? He bought this new and after several years started restoring it and its in amazing shape. But if it's worth pennies on the dollar. I will just us it as a trim mower and keep the John Deere's in storage. any thoughts?
Worth so little? I have a real hard time believing that,you haven't been in the right places with it. That tractor looks to be in amazing shape Tom. I don't understand the hydraulic though,it usually has an electric lift.

I agree, you can see the guard peeking out just above the tunnel cover on the right side.
Post a pic of that side.
That rig is looking show worthy IMHO!
Head and tails above anything green of that era.
And, you could sell it in a heartbeat in the right area.

Tom
This was my dad's he bought in June 1971. Came with electric lift and 48 inch mower. Value is in the eye of the beholder. For me priceless.
Hold on to it, they don't make anything like them anymore. 💯

Attachments

• 20220916_193436.jpg
    20220916_193436.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Get some attachments to hook up. Brinly- Hardy BB - 360 & 3 Point Hitch.

Attachments

• 20230518_204102.jpg
    20230518_204102.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230518_204001.jpg
    20230518_204001.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Worth so little? I have a real hard time believing that,you haven't been in the right places with it. That tractor looks to be in amazing shape Tom. I don't understand the hydraulic though,it usually has an electric lift.
I guess i have not fell into the correct group of people its a simply amazing tractor the last time it was used he changed the oil and parked it in a climate controlled garage, there it has sat. I feel like i should either get top dollar and give it to his wife or just start using it. i am sure it will outlast me simply because everything on it seems heavy duty much like our old John Deere tractors. Built to last not to repair however my wife said i have enough to keep me busy, Ha what does she know lol.

The hydraulic lift is awesome. I really like mine. (On a 149)
I had no idea they were offering Hydraulic deck lift on such a old lawn tractor. Now the one thing i noticed the deck serial number and the tractor serial number do not match? i guess it was a replacement or is that something that's normal. I am a Retired Marine, and we have a company that builds High end restorations of classic cars so i look for these small items when i look over things.

I had no idea they were offering Hydraulic deck lift on such a old lawn tractor. Now the one thing i noticed the deck serial number and the tractor serial number do not match? i guess it was a replacement or is that something that's normal. I am a Retired Marine, and we have a company that builds High end restorations of classic cars so i look for these small items when i look over things.
Tom can you send a picture of the other side of the tractor?

Tom
This was my dad's he bought in June 1971. Came with electric lift and 48 inch mower. Value is in the eye of the beholder. For me priceless.
Hold on to it, they don't make anything like them anymore. 💯
Yea i have mixed emotions about selling it or using it. He had a massive stroke and doesn't know his own name. His wife has given me a load of stuff for helping her navigate the legal and financial red tape. But he bought this new and spent years taking care of it. So, it's a pretty impressive tractor. It's been sitting beside my 70SS Chevelle and our Shelby it's in good company. it is not hurting anything i just don't want to look back in 10 years and feel i have let it start leaking or fall out of favor due to the woke crap here in the US. Its an emotional split in the highway.

Not sure what you ask for lol but here if this is not it i have a load of photos i took before i wrapped it up with a car cover.

Attachments

• Cub deck lift.jpg
    Cub deck lift.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, guys, for all and any information we belong to several forums for our Chevelle and Shelby, C- 20 72 chevy and Mustang so it's like opening a book with answers you can't find on the internet. And i appreciate all of your input it's a valued and irreplaceable source of information.
Thank you again. I would post a link to our website but i don't know if that's allowed here. we love to share our passion of all thing's gas powered and fast powered!

Latest posts

Back