Old Implements on a 3 point.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, at least not without some modification to it to make it fit onto, in your case, a Wide Frame blade subframe. That MTD blade is one that my neighbor gave to me. I plan on altering it to fit onto a Narrow Frame subframe that another friend gave to me. Here's how I plan to modify mine.

Cut the frame at the red line.

Drill holes through the frame for a pivot rod noted by the black line. This will mount the blade frame to the subframe. I will also have to add some spacers or brackets of some sort for rigidity and to keep it centered on the tractor subframe.

Add a lift bracket, yellow part, note that the light black line on the yellow bracket is where the lift bracket would bend up the black dot is a hole where the lift rod would mount.

69915.jpg

Do you think some all thread would be strong enough for a pivot point? And how will you mount the blade frame to a sub frame?

I thought at one time I seen a PDF parts brake down of this blade. Do you know where it is?

Scott W.- Before you buy the all thread, I've got a length of 15/16 shaft stock that might work better for what you're thinking about. If it's not too big. This isn't a "for sale" add, just something I'd be willing to donate to the project, as I'm only about 130 miles out, and we could figure out how to get it to you, if it'll work. (Enid)

Like this, the red part would be the Blade subframe. Keep in mind that some spacers would be required to keep the blade subframe centered on the pivot rod. Might be a good idea to use some of the blade subframe that was cut off on each side to beef it up.

69920.jpg

Perhaps beef the pivot area up like this, using some of the cut off material. Some welding would be required.

69927.jpg

Probably want to nip that corner so it's not so sharp.....

69929.jpg

Thank you Curtis for the offer, but I all ready have the all thread.

Latest posts

Back