Old Implements on a 3 point.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweinacht

displayname
Scott Weinacht
Will an old Cub Cadet box blade work on a newer 782 with a 3 point? How about a dozer blade?

Scott, the #40 Cub Cadet box blade will not work on a CAT-0 3 point they will only work on the Cub Cadet 3 point. Also note that this attachment does not use the Brinly sleeve hitch adapter.

Cub Cadet 3 point:

69596.jpg

The front dozer blade will work on a 782 IF you have the correct subframe.

Kraig,

Nice A$$......
happy.gif
happy.gif

For some reason that looks familiar...hmmmmmmmm....
screwloose.gif

Steve B., yes that is! Does your 100 still look that nice now that 7 or 8 years have passed?

Scott, the #40 Cub Cadet box blade will not work on a CAT-0 3 point they will only work on the Cub Cadet 3 point. Also note that this attachment does not use the Brinly sleeve hitch adapter.

What is the diff. in CAT-0 3 point and the Cub Cadet 3 point?

Scott, I posted a photo of a Cub Cadet 3 point hitch below, on Friday, November 02, 2007.

Here is a CAT-0 3 point hitch.

69781.jpg

Now, if by "an old Cub Cadet box blade" you are referring to a Brinly or Agri-Fab brand box blade that is most likely a sleeve hitch mount and it would fit onto a CAT-0 3 point PROVIDED you have an A-Frame sleeve hitch adapter. Here's what an A-Frame sleeve hitch adapter looks like.

69783.jpg

And just so we are on the same page, here is what "an old Cub Cadet box blade" AKA a #40 Cub Cadet box blade looks like.

69785.jpg

Kraig, what is an "A" frame adapter on a CAT "0" hitch used for? Thanks

And....

Here is an Agri-Fab box blade.

69787.jpg

Here is a Brinly box blade.

69788.jpg

Ryan, to mount sleeve hitch implements to a CAT-0 hitch.....

The front dozer blade will work on a 782 IF you have the correct subframe.

What are you referring to? And is there any way to modify the #40 box blade to work on a cat 0 3point? Thank you for your responses.

Scott, the #40 box blade is a rather rare and desirable attachment, if you have one please DO NOT modify it!!!! You should be able to sell it for enough money to buy a proper CAT-0 box blade or a sleeve hitch box blade and an A-Frame sleeve hitch adapter and perhaps have some money left over!

When you wrote "dozer blade" I assumed you meant a front mounted blade. If so, there are "Narrow Frame" and "Wide Frame" dozer blades. The 782 is a "Wide Frame" so you will want to look for a dozer blade with a Wide Frame mounting frame. The front portion of the blade is nearly the same for both versions. Here is what the wide frame subframe looks like:

69819.jpg

69820.jpg

What does a "Narrow Frame" dozer blade look like? Thank you, you are clearing a lot of things up.

Scott W.
As far as the blade itself goes, it's the exact same one for both WF & NF. Just a different mount.

Narrow Frame Dozer Blade subframe:

69831.jpg

Note that on this one the mounting PINS face inward and on the Wide Frame subframe I posted below, the pins face outward. Of course there is also a bolt on version that looks like this one WITHOUT the mounting pins and one that only fits the Original.

Has anyone seen a front dozer blade with a single spring and a latch in the middle to turn the blade right or left? The man I got it from said it would fit a Cub Cadet. I do not have a camera or I would post a pic. It looks to have a wide sub frame on it. And it has two bars that come from the top back to the tractor.

Both of the blade photos I posted below have a single spring and latch handle in the middle to angle the blade. Not sure what you mean by this: "And it has two bars that come from the top back to the tractor." A photo would sure help....

I will try to get a photo of it. I do know it does not look like the two below. The frame looks similar but there are no mounting pins and there is no lifting mount. As I understood from the seller it hooks up to the hangers that raise and lower the mower deck.
confused.gif
This is how it works. All help appreciated.

Scott, sounds like it could be from a Cub Cadet riding mower or other perhaps another brand. Does it look anything like this MTD blade?

69902.jpg

69903.jpg

69904.jpg

Latest posts

Back