• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Oil light blinking on i1046

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorleck

displayname
Robert Orleck
I have a "Time Saver i1046" Cub Cadet Mowing Tractor Zero Radius Turn. Was mowing and some weed block fabric got pulled into the mower when I got too close. The motor quit immediately. I got the fabric out and started the mower to drive it up to the garage (without the mowing blade engaged). The oil light came on and kept blinking. I turned off the engine and checked the oil which was above add but below full. I added a bit of oil but the light continues to be on and blink. The engine sounds OK but I parked it and now looking for an answer. Bob

You may be at the oil change interval, I think it happens each 50 hours if I recall correctly. It will continue to blink for ~5 hours, then resume normal operation. That is a function CC added to their instruments as a reminder for when an oil change is due.
rtfm.gif
check your owners manual for full details.

Deere also uses a similar reminder. In your case, take a look at the hourmeter, I am thinking you are at/near a 50 hour increment.

Second consideration; If you have a Kohler engine with "Oil Sentry" there as a timeframe in which some (quite a few) oil pressure switches were problematic after a short time. They had the symptoms you stated in the post.

You may be within the CC 3 year warranty so perhaps a call to your dealer is in order. They could install a gauge in the oil presre switch port to verify pressure is correct. This would be wise so you can have peace of mind that you won't fail the engine.

Thanks for the reply Jim. Oil was changed 20 hours ago. I was wondering if the sudden jolt to a stop could have disrupted something that had to do with the oil light (a wire or something although I cannot find where that would be on this machine.) On the LCD I get the following words or numbers. First I see the numbers 12.9 come up (which I assumed was the number of hours of operation since the last oil change), then it displays LHC then it displays the word "oil" then it goes to an hourglass symbol and the number 201.6 right next to it.

Could it be that the system is interpreting that the machine has been operated for 201.6 hours with the same oil and I am getting a warning. It has just passed the multiple of 50 number at 200 and I had been cutting for about and hour and a half. I don't know. I am kind of grasping for straws. Is it possible that the dealer who changed the oil didn't reset the time for the oil change? Or can they reset and will this light come on every 50 hours no matter what? Any suggestions of solutions will be helpful. We do not have a Cub Cadet dealer close to us so I rely on a Farmall Dealer and they have made some suggestions such as disconnect the neg on the battery and they see if light is out when reconnect. Didn't work.

Thanks Bob

My mystery is solved and probably never should have been a mystery except for my lack of mechanical knowhow and understanding. The post by Jim Diederichs (Jdiederichs) got me to thinking and reading my manuel even closer. I read about the 50 hour warning of an oil change and the LCD reading CHG, Oil. What I saw was LHC and it made no sense. The LCD is small and hard to read but on closer examination it was CHG oil and sure enough after 202 hours total use of the machine, the light went off. We just finished cutting 3 acres and it did fine. I am really glad the forum exists for one as dumb as I and appreciate those who maintain it and to Jim for responding to my initial message. Thanks Bob

Latest posts

Back