• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

OF guys, Just what am I supposed to do with THIS!!??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Got a call from the J.I. Case club in MN this after noon. They were having their annual meeting in Wilmar MN. Last fall while I was waving the IH Flag with 5 Cubs at the Forest City Iowa Heritage Park steam show, Case was the featured tractor for the meet. The MN chapter had their booth all set up ad were selling raffle tickets for a newly restored Case model 130 tractor.

My buddy and I were walking by and it caught my eye as it was really a sharp little tractor, so we gave it the once over, no, make that the twice maybe even thrice over as it was that nice. I told Curt, that sure is a sharp rig and I'm gonna get me some tickets and win that thing!!!

Well lo and behold, the call from MN today was to inform me that I had indeed won it!!

I scrambled through the computer thinking, no, knowing I had taken some pictures of it, but I sure can't find them. Anyhow, here is a couple I found on the net. I don't remember if the tractor I won has a deck or not but I'm sure it didn't have the weights on it.

Seems like there is not a whole lot of info out there, but I did learn it has a K241 and is a hydro of sorts and was built in 1965. Any of you guys fill me in a little on these? Lawn or Garden tractor??

Sooo.....a ROAD TRIP to Worthington MN is in the offing I suppose.

284978.jpg

284979.jpg

284980.jpg

David you lucky dog,, if its too far I take your prize.. better yet Josh is a case guy and closer

I have 4 Case garden tractors, 2 of them are 65 130 and the other 2 are 67's a 155 and a 195. The 195 sits about 5" highher of the ground with 6 lug 16" rear wheels. The case garden tractors have a short pto shaft with a love-joy connection to a hyd pump, hyd lines run to the controll valve and then to the drive motor on the rear end. Rear end holds 10 qts of 10 weight Shell rotela. There are no brakes, Iv'e been warned by others to be careful on hills. I don,t have any attachments.

Those big Case garden tractors are still around as I see them pop up in a trading post or CL from time to time.

I've wondered why there wasn't a CaseIH badged garden tractor, either the CCC or the Case/Ingersol made available for the tractor dealers. My guess is the dealers figured, cut out the middle man and just buy what IH had started and CCC continued back in yellow and white. MTD probably made that an attractive choice.

Tanked with the fellow who is storing it till I can get up that way in a week or so. He is going to get me some pictures of it. It has a deck and hub caps. He told me what they thought it was worth ad said I could take either the cash or the tractor. He said He collected Case & Ingersol and would be interested in it himself and is going to make an offer the way it sounds. I jokingly said I'd take a 169 in like condition as a even steven swap!!

I would take it.It is a cousin to our IH Cadets buy buyout.Case IH.

I would take it to. How often do you win something? COOL tractor too!

Congrats David, think of all the work you will not have to do to that tractor.

I still haven't got pictures of the actual tractor.!!!
bash.gif
Been doing this all weekend cuase I can't find or maybe even didn't take any GRRRR

Did learn though that it does have a deck and hubcaps.
Really, if I remember right, this just may be a "park it in the front yard in the sun and sit back w/a cool one and just look at" tractor!! Of course I'll have to park my best QL next to it just to be fair and maybe start talking family tree to 'em!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that takes them all out of the garage and sits and looks at them. At that plow day I go to in PA a fella brings a beautiful Case 155 all redone.

Someone (Melody?) just sent this to me. I assume it was so it could be posted here. Hopefully they will be along shortly to fill in the details regarding it.

285101.jpg

Thank you Kraig, I don't know much about it, but the gentleman brings it every year to plow.

Well, I finally got some pictures last nite. So....here she is in all her orange 'n cream glory!

So, we have a weekend road trip planned for this weekend. Will be running US 20 to I-29 and up to I-90 and back. Any of you folks live along that route?

At 1st glance it looks as though she is missing some decals. Shouldn't it have one somewhere that says 130. I'm hoping one of you folks here can help me out as I know nothing, zero zip nada about it other than it caught my eye and forced me to cough up some $$ for tickets!!

Anyone have suggestions for a name!

285105.jpg

285106.jpg

How about Blossom. I think that's the name of the orange.

Latest posts

Back