• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What am I suppose to do with these

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschutz

displayname
Melody Schutz
My nephew is bringing me two tractors this weekend. A JD 212 and WH 310-8. I told him I don't have room and the colors clash with the yellow. I guess I'll fix them up and sell them.

Can't speak to the JD, but the 310-8 is a very good tractor. I can't remember if they came, depending on the year, with the K series, but I know I've seen them with the Magnum. This tractor has a hi/low range tranny to give 6 total fwd speeds and 2 reverse gears standard. The PTO is manual and very simple to operate and service. You can pull a few hair pins and have the PTO in your hands. The tractor can use any of the 36, 42 or 48 inch decks (side and rear discharge) made for the C-series or 3/4/500 series tractors from around 1974 to the end about 2005. Probably 100% of the other implements from snowblower to moldboard plow hitch will interchange too. The mowing decks are ground supported and as such float on the ground like a Simplicity - just no striping rollers. They give a great cut - especially if you have uneven terrain.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Parts, service, owners manuals and brochures are readily available for this tractor and most any implement too. I can point you to them if your interested.

The WH seems to be in good shape, just need to find a mower deck for it. I need to get it running as I need to do to the JD. I will be in touch if I need help. Thanks Bill.

Hopefully your experience with the JD212 will be like my experience with a JD210. After moving up to more modern tractors I put the 210 out by the road and it sold the first day. With new found easy money I put the CC129 out to see what would happen. Even more people stopped by but all asked the same question. Do you have any more JDs for sale?

Tried selling the 212 without rebuilding the carb, lots of people stopped but no one bit. The carb is off of it and needs to be rebuilt. The WH I got started and changed the oil and greased the front axle. I need a manual because it has sludge in the rearend and I need to find out how to change it and what is supposed to be in it. Easy tractor to work on.

There is a hex socket pipe plug on the under side of the transmission. Open it and your tranny will drain. The refill tube is under the seat. It takes 2 qts of SAE 90w Service GL-5 gear lube. There was a time when Wheelhorse recommended 85w-140, I have ran both - no problems. Mostly now I run 80w-90 as it is hard to find straight 90w oil.

Also while your working the tranny fluid, take a look see at the tranny shifter lever boots. Over time, they will crack and moisture can get into the tranny. The boots are still available and are inexpensive.

Check your email, I sent you an owners manual that also shows the tranny fluid requirements.

Back