• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to the site, but not new to Cub Cadets!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsmith

displayname
Jay Smith
I was looking for some info when I came across this site. I've been driving Cub Cadets since I was 7. Currently I have two, a 10hp and a 12hp, and an engine off a 10hp. The 10hp and 12hp used to be on different chassis, but I swapped them because the 12hp's old chassis would only steer to the left. I swapped them out, drilled new engine mounting holes, and everything else pretty much lined up perfect. The 12hp I then rebuilt for pulling, and did alright, but now I just need a lawn tractor for my new house.

I'm looking at a CC 147 14hp with hydrostatic trans, roto tiller, snowthrower, plow, and 48" deck. Question is, I've never had a hydro before, they've all been 3 speed manual's. And they've always been solid as a rock. How reliable are the hydro's, as I have a 57 New Holand which is hydro with the center PTO not functioning, the rear works, but the whole thing is unreliable, nothing but problems. Am I going to encounter the same problems with the Cadet, or are they pretty solid?

Thanks guys!

Jay, welcome!
groupwave.gif
The hydrostatic transmissions are darn near bullet proof. The main thing to check for is a worn "trunion" which is a fairly easy fix and possible fluid leaks, again not too hard to fix. Check out the FAQ (see the link at the top of the page), for the info on the hydro and other interesting reading. Also be sure to check out Charlie's CubFAQ for additional reading pleasure.
happy.gif
happy.gif
For more exposure of your question I recommend you post it in the main forum.

I tried posting in the main forum, but it said no new posts allowed, or I just coulfn't figure out how. Which one is the main, incase I'm confused?

The main forum says "IH Cub Cadet Forum" click on that link. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the area to post.

Back