• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to me 128 Series

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jridenbaugh

displayname
Jeffery S. Ridenbaugh
Hey everyone I had asked some questions in another thread but for some reason I can't post in there any longer. My problem was regarding the clutch/brakes. The mower had been sitting for at least 10 year it belonged to my wife's step dad his moto was if it stops running let it sit and buy a new one. Well we got it running but I'm having problems with the above mentioned. Once we first got it running brakes weren't the best but worked and the clutch worked too... but now after a few times of running it the clutch no longer does much I can shift gears but it grinds a little and the only way to stop is to take it out of gear. I do not have a manual and don't know much about the tractor so any help would be great. Thanks!!

Jeffrey R: Welcome. The Model 128 is NOT a riding lawn mower...It is a Garden Tractor, and therefore should be discussed in the IH Garden Tractor page (the first one at the top of the Forum index page). Lots of info there...Plus please read the forum FAQ as well as Charlies Cub FAQ. Manuals are available from a sponsor (one of the boxes at the top of the page) www.binderbooks.com.

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com

... Ok, what is the difference between the two, this thing has a mower deck and you ride on it?

Hi Jeff...

Tractor style riding mowers are just that...lawn mowers...nothing else...Like the Rear Engine Riding Mowers (RER), they can also have optional attachments like snow blades or snow throwers.

Garden Tractors (GT) on the other hand are capable of ground engaging equipment like turning plows, discs, harrows or tillers, etc. Any farm tractor, as an option, may have a belly mower, like your IH Cub Cadet Model 128 Garden Tractor can have, and/or a couple of hundred other optional pieces of equipment.

Tractor style lawn mowers(LT) come with the mower deck as part of the basic unit.

Graden size Tractors (GT), like their larger brethren, are sold and purchased as tractors only. All else (including belly mower decks) are purchased as individual options.

Maybe this will help you understand that just having some similar characteristics doesn't make them the same....

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com

Myron, Thanks for explaining that to me. I really didn't know the difference. As you mentioned before I am in the wrong place, you said I should be in the first link of the index section but If I'm looking at the right place it won't let me post in there, that is where I had previously made a post but can't any longer. I got there by selecting topics at the top of this page. Thanks again for the help!

Jeffery R: You are very welcome sir!! Maybe Charlie will see/read this post and help you fix the posting problem. If you can post here, AFAIK, you should be able to post in the first (Garden Tractor) IH Cub Cadet page...You can get lots of knowledgable help here, so keep trying....

Myron B
CCSupplyRloom

Back