• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New member looking for parts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry Crump

I joined in hopes of finding a like new set of Cub Cadet 56 volt lithium ion batteries for my 2023 Cub cadet 42E Zero-Turn . Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230529_090010.jpg
    20230529_090010.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
All the Cub dealer said were the batteries were bad and needed replacing. Cud Cadet is not wanting to warranty the batteries because the mower was purchased at a deep discount from Home Depot. They want to destroy the mower and refund the purchase price. I don't want a refund. I want a working g zero turn. I was hoping to buy a good used set of batteries and get the mower working. The mower is a 2023 with only 2.5 hours so it's practically brand new with defective batteries.

All the Cub dealer said were the batteries were bad and needed replacing. Cud Cadet is not wanting to warranty the batteries because the mower was purchased at a deep discount from Home Depot. They want to destroy the mower and refund the purchase price. I don't want a refund. I want a working g zero turn. I was hoping to buy a good used set of batteries and get the mower working. The mower is a 2023 with only 2.5 hours so it's practically brand new with defective batteries.
I would look at the purchase "contract" & paper-work / manual and review the warranty. Don't the batteries have a separate 3 year warranty and the rest 5 years?

I know before I gave up and accepted the full refund offer, I would get in touch with corporate HQ. They have the power to TELL the dealer to honor the warranty and replace the batteries. Just my thoughts on the matter.

The deak3r
I would look at the purchase "contract" & paper-work / manual and review the warranty. Don't the batteries have a separate 3 year warranty and the rest 5 years?

I know before I gave up and accepted the full refund offer, I would get in touch with corporate HQ. They have the power to TELL the dealer to honor the warranty and replace the batteries. Just my thoughts on the matter.
[/QUO

Its not the Cub Cadet dealer its Cub Cadet factory. There is some fine print issue that's causing the issue. My son is an attorney so I may get him involved.

What is currently wrong with the batteries you have now? Is the mower still under warrant?
56 volt battery pack bad. Zero-Turn has 2.4 hours on it . Cub cadet will not warranty the mower because I'm the second owner. Even though it only has 2.4 hours and it was bought in March 2023. Cub Cadet customer service is terrible. You would think they would sell me a set at cost or something.

So, you bought it at a "steep discount" from a box store, most likely under the premise of "as-is, no warranty" with some pre-existing issues, and CC's customer service "terrible"?

Sorry to be harsh, but you and several other people I've seen on other groups have bought one of these under these exact same circumstances expecting to have their cake and eat it too, and then act surprised when it's defective. Why do you think it was so cheap? Not Cub Cadet's fault you had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Yes the Cub-Cadet Customer Service is terrible. You get put on HOLD for at least 2-3 Hours before they pick up. MOST manufactures attempt the help the customer in some way or another. As What does it matter what discount the Mower was bought at? New is New regardless of the sell price. If the mower only had 2.4 Hours on it there should be some help offered. There is no cake here, just a piece of yard art. Why should a mower bought in March of 2023 be DEFECTIVE unless it was a manufacturer defect or a LEMON? Nowhere on the Sales receipt did it State AS-IS. The Original owner tried ti file a claim and they would not help him either. So your remark of AS-IS is stupid.
I'm sure you have NEVER bought any items at a discount (Black Friday, clearance or whatever) because your too smart to lower yourself to do that. My point in the post was Cub Cadet offered ZERO assistance, because they knew it was a Product that had issues from the release onto the market. That's why HOME Depot sold them at a discount (and will not carry them anymore) because they had too many problems.

You could take the batteries to a place that specializes in rebuilding tool batteries. It may just have a bad cell. We have places here in SE Pennsylvania called Batteries plus Bulbs. Be sure to have your charger checked also.

Yes the Cub-Cadet Customer Service is terrible. You get put on HOLD for at least 2-3 Hours before they pick up. MOST manufactures attempt the help the customer in some way or another. As What does it matter what discount the Mower was bought at? New is New regardless of the sell price. If the mower only had 2.4 Hours on it there should be some help offered. There is no cake here, just a piece of yard art. Why should a mower bought in March of 2023 be DEFECTIVE unless it was a manufacturer defect or a LEMON? Nowhere on the Sales receipt did it State AS-IS. The Original owner tried ti file a claim and they would not help him either. So your remark of AS-IS is stupid.
I'm sure you have NEVER bought any items at a discount (Black Friday, clearance or whatever) because your too smart to lower yourself to do that. My point in the post was Cub Cadet offered ZERO assistance, because they knew it was a Product that had issues from the release onto the market. That's why HOME Depot sold them at a discount (and will not carry them anymore) because they had too many problems.
If it had 2.4 hours on it when you bought it, it wasn't new. Probably was bought and returned due to issues and they were trying to get rid of it by selling it at a steep discount. No different than any other discounted 'open box' type thing. Not at all the same as a new, never used item sold on sale, Black Friday or otherwise. Buying 'open box' or returned items is a crap shoot. You never know if it was returned because it was defective or returned because buyer 1 didn't do enough research to buy the right thing for their needs.

Matt apologizes in his post. Most of us, I think, find your response to be rude. We are here to help each other keep our CC's happy and running; let's keep it that way please.

"The Original owner tried ti file a claim and they would not help him either."
If you knew this when you bought it, then you would have nothing to complain about. If you found out afterwards and they offered a full refund then the only complaint would be that you weren't fully informed of the defective batteries. Take the refund, walk away, and look at it as a lesson learned the hard way.

No ****...what great advice...the problem is when I bought the mower it worked fine. A week later the batteries went bad. I had the original attempt to file a claim. They offered him his original purchase price which was less than I paid him for the mower. All this great advice off this forum is basically useless. I was just hoping somebody else had a Cub Cadet electric mower "lemon" with problems other than the batteries.

No ****...what great advice...the problem is when I bought the mower it worked fine. A week later the batteries went bad. I had the original attempt to file a claim. They offered him his original purchase price which was less than I paid him for the mower. All this great advice off this forum is basically useless. I was just hoping somebody else had a Cub Cadet electric mower "lemon" with problems other than the batteries.
So let me get this straight, the original buyer bought the mower at a discount and couldn't get the batteries replaced. You paid the original buyer more than what he paid for it knowing he couldn't get the batteries replaced (you didn't buy it from a dealer). Now you can't get the batteries replaced either and this forum is useless...

Latest posts

Back