• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Member in WA

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all. I recently acquired my first CC. I have been an Scout II owner for many years, but never had a tractor until now. I got this 102 w/ a mower deck. Would like to have a plow blade and maybe a box rake (whatever they're called), and a trailer to match. I'd REALLY like to fine a Spirit of 76 to match my Patriot Scout.
Not sure if I got pictures of the correct numbers. They are the only two sets of numbers I could see (upside down). I would appreciate any feedback. I will register it when I know which numbers I need to use.
Glad to be here. There's a ton of info.

Heith
2nd pic.cropped.jpg
Numbers.1.jpg
Numbers.2.jpg

I picked up this homemade blade for $30. The guy I got it from had it on a CC. I can't recall the model. My brain doesn't keep that kind of useful information, but he did say it was hooked up to a hydraulic lift. It's going to take some modification to work on my 102, but I can do that easy enough. About the only thing I'm not sure of is fabricating the angle adjustment plate.
Blade.jpg

Hey all. I recently acquired my first CC. I have been an Scout II owner for many years, but never had a tractor until now. I got this 102 w/ a mower deck. Would like to have a plow blade and maybe a box rake (whatever they're called), and a trailer to match. I'd REALLY like to fine a Spirit of 76 to match my Patriot Scout.
Not sure if I got pictures of the correct numbers. They are the only two sets of numbers I could see (upside down). I would appreciate any feedback. I will register it when I know which numbers I need to use.

HeithView attachment 153759View attachment 153760View attachment 153761
Before I replaced decals, and because I'm gigantic, installed a white metal extension on the right foot plate (pic 1) for more room and raised the seat one inch. Raising the seat was a p-i-t-a. Hope you don't need do this.
Cheers, Jack

Attachments

• B3F73E8C-1A24-4069-8D79-7AC75B725015.jpeg
    B3F73E8C-1A24-4069-8D79-7AC75B725015.jpeg
    651.1 KB · Views: 0
  • A17799EA-6C86-4464-8D39-A2CE33DEF75F.jpeg
    A17799EA-6C86-4464-8D39-A2CE33DEF75F.jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 0
Before I replaced decals, and because I'm gigantic, installed a white metal extension on the right foot plate (pic 1) for more room and raised the seat one inch. Raising the seat was a p-i-t-a. Hope you don't need do this.
Cheers, Jack
Thanks, Jack! Define gigantic. LOL I'm 6' and 200 lbs. I haven't really even sat on it yet to see how I fit. Hopefully I won't have to make any seat modifications.

Thanks, Jack! Define gigantic. LOL I'm 6' and 200 lbs. I haven't really even sat on it yet to see how I fit. Hopefully I won't have to make any seat modifications.
Shorty, I'm 6'2", forget the weight. To mount, I put left foot on the lowered mower (with anti-slip tape ) and swing rt foot up and over. Other models in the 100 series had a flip-up seat which had a spot for tools. See my tool box. We have all-gear drive on our 102's and I'm glad; the forum has much about the hydro trans, not all good.
Cheers, Jack

Heith,
The serial number is located on the rear of the tranny, at the lower left side of the rear cover plate. The serial #'s stamped into the right side of the tranny housing were the "O" and the 70/100 series tractors.
Here is a pic of my 122, which is the same series as the 102. Notice the blue arrow pointing to the serial # plate.
Yes, it is a 122. It just has a 102 seat for now. ;)

DSCF4150 (2).jpg

Heith,
The serial number is located on the rear of the tranny, at the lower left side of the rear cover plate. The serial #'s stamped into the right side of the tranny housing were the "O" and the 70/100 series tractors.
Here is a pic of my 122, which is the same series as the 102. Notice the blue arrow pointing to the serial # plate.
Yes, it is a 122. It just has a 102 seat for now. ;)

View attachment 153896
Marty - I don't have any number plates back there.

Rear End.jpg

custom ball mount/drawbar.
unusual mix of yellows.
Yeah, I noticed it looks different than others. Someone painted a lot of pieces a different shade, including the generator(?) and the wires attached to it. The steering column, lift handle, drawbar, taillight housing... they're all a different shade of yellow.
Closeup.jpg

2nd pic.jpg

The drawbar has a homemade look, I'm thinking the s/n is under it.
Do a search - "IH Louisville works, cub cadet monthly serial number report by years." My s/n is 202431, built early June '67.
Cheers, Jack
Thanks Jack. I'll be tearing in to it pretty soon. It needs a deep cleaning and inspection of parts. New gaskets, etc. If there are any numbers on it I'll find them eventually.

Yeah, I noticed it looks different than others. Someone painted a lot of pieces a different shade, including the generator(?) and the wires attached to it. The steering column, lift handle, drawbar, taillight housing... they're all a different shade of yellow.
View attachment 153907

View attachment 153908
color-matching is an aesthetic.
rust protection is a coating’s real job!
put that dog to work.

It could be on the top of the tranny just above the rear cover plate. I have seen some located there. It should be located just to the left of the "breather hole." You will have to take the homemade hitch and the rear cover with the IH on it off to see it.
My 122 was made in March of 67', so it is a later model of this series. (65' to 67')

Heith, as for paint see my 102 below. It's a warmer yellow than yours. Bought, from one of the advertisers, a qt of Irongard CNH MS 10 Ind Federal Yellow, Pre 1975. Not even close to a match for my 102. Looks more like yours. Good thing I support my local paint shop, took some days but he made a perfect match. From what I see online there seems to be three yellows from '61 to '80. There no evidence my 102 was repainted by the owner and I be the second owner. Possibly, IH used whatever paint was on hand. BTW, your tires are overinflated - shud be 10-15 rear and 15-20 front.

Latest posts

Back