• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My Restored 1572

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grozar

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Greg Rozar
This is my 1987 model 1572. I have not used it yet but plan to next season. Did not have time to get a deck ready this year.

Attachments

• IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_4179.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 535
Looks like you did a really great job on it.

I cannot take the credit for it. It was done by a good friend in New York. It started out as just a mechanical repair and upgrade.

He resealed the rear, added axle braces, upgraded the glow plugs and upgraded the drive shaft to CV style from a 1864. The 1864 CV drive shaft is almost a bolt in replacement. Just need to drill the input shaft on the hydro. He also resealed the steering valve and adjusted the valves in the engine. At 1600+ hours, it needed that. New tie rods. New front tires. We also did a modification to the engine mount so the starter can be changed with removing or raising the engine.

He had the tractor down to the frame and sent me a picture. I asked how much to go ahead and paint it? He gave me a price and I said do it. I have owned the tractor since 1998. Bought it from my local IH dealer.

My plan is to put it to work next year. It is nice but I did not spend what I did to just look at it. I want to use it for many many more years.

Looks great Greg! How tall are you? I probably couldn't touch the pedals with the seat in that position. :)

Good eye Oak. It shows how little seat time I have had on it since the Diesel Doctor fixed it. It is still set to his height. It is on the the "To do list". It is a very long list.

I cannot take the credit for it. It was done by a good friend in New York. It started out as just a mechanical repair and upgrade.

He resealed the rear, added axle braces, upgraded the glow plugs, and upgraded the driveshaft to CV style from a 1864. The 1864 CV driveshaft is almost a bolt-in replacement. Just need to drill the input shaft on the hydro.

Upgrading the driveshaft is something I would love to have done to my 1512. I have an issue where the spiral pins have a tendency of falling out at the most inappropriate times when the Stainless Steel wire holding them in finally gives out. Can I ask where is your friend located in NY? It's a big state, but if he isn't too far away, I might like to ask him if he could do the same for my 1512. Obviously, I would ask both of your permissions to get in contact with him if he's close enough and willing to take that on.

Back