• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My off night

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, basically it's a deck from tractor made in the CC era or soon after. According to Jim Dederichs and others, as follows:

By Jim Diederichs (Jdiederichs) on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 10:49 am:
. . . Some of the forum members like to install the 46" deck from the newer CC tractors, it is a direct hook and mow swap. It is designed for rear bagging as well as side discharge. You see lots of these decks on such models as 1440, 1641 and 1863 tractors. If I recall correctly, you should also use the mule drive for that deck (?) . . ..

On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 12:24 pm Jim added:
. . . While the 46" CC deck can be used, I like the heavier 48 and 54" decks from the 1864 etc tractors, had one on my 782 and it was quite an upgrade over the 44C. Since it is a deeper deck the lift height suffered until I installed the Super Steer front axle which is higher. (Super steer being the axle and spindles from a 1535 for example). Then it mowed with anything out there.

Later, Matt Gonitzke chimed in:
By Matt Gonitzke (Mgonitzke) on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 02:07 pm:
Whoever was asking about a better deck for a 682, I'd recommend the 46GT. It will go onto an 82 series with no mods and it cuts excellent and has bagging capability if needed. I have one on my 782D. The 48GT and 54GT are also great-cutting decks, but would probably need a late Cyclops tractor front axle to work properly.

I think Steve Blunier has also posted about both modifying the standard 44C decks as well as the GT decks.

I have what I was told was a super-steer axle, so I could use any of GT decks called out above.
I would have to do some more research to determine how to tell a deck is a "GT" just from looking at it. I need to find some pictures for you.
smile.gif

Edit: But of course, I would need a night off to do all that.
happy.gif

Jeremiah,

I went and looked. I have a 44C deck.
It is in pretty good shape, and I also have a new decal set for the deck.

I was planning to restore it, but with the migraines kicking my tail like they are, it probably won't get done.

I'm sorry it is not what you were looking for.

I had to knuckle under today to keep the wife happy...she’s been after me to put a new floor down in the kitchen so that’s what happened today no cub time for me today...as they say happy wife happy life

Another cub killer project out of the way....from the happy wifey file,I repainted the living room today

54GT is the king of 82 series decks!!!

Making pasta sauce tonight from the glut of tomatoes onions and basil I’ve got going in my garden,my whole house smells like an Italian restaurant mama mia

Ethan, Sounds wonderful! I love the smell (and flavor) of Basil.
yummy.gif

Kraig,my garden is very small it’s just a patch of dirt just to say I do it if you know what I mean....having said that my garden boomed this year the first year I can say it’s a success,all due to a few years of a liberal influx chicken crap from my lady’s out back, before I harvested my basil to start drying it, you’d walk past or to water and the pungent wonderful smell of that basil would just knock you off your feet,I think next year I want to try garlic, another staple in my kitchen.....guess I should have posted this in the garden section of the sandbox LOL

Carolyn's been cranking out spaghetti sauce by the multiple quarts the last few days.
Picked 2 5gal buckets of maters again yesterday as well as beans.
BIG chance of LOTS of rain here fir the next TEN days so I suppose the garden is about history for this year. Sure glad the spuds re in the shed!!
Can I plow yet???

Latest posts

Back