• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My off night

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
I’ve decided to take the night off from working on my tractors and I’m watching a bunch of old universal monster movies that I recorded Frankenstein,the wolf man,the invisible man with Claude rains.fun stuff

greenthumb.gif
asthanos.gif

. . . or off day:

Bright sunny 50* and I sit here at the confuser.

This 123 needs a head gasket

317617.jpg

I've replaced it at least a couple times and have come to the conclusion that I'm overtorquing. Specs say 25 - 30fps. I've been going to 35fps. Maybe more isn't better?
bash.gif

Frank-bummer about the 123 you may have to take the block to a machine shop and have them put a straight edge to it

Frank-

If you think the block might need attention then get a straight edge and a feeler gauge. At least you can erase any doubt and know better where you stand.

I had such big cub plans today I wanted to put my Brinley yard sweeper on my 1450 and clean up the leaves in my backyard.....that turned into my butt not leaving the couch I’ve been bit badly by the laziness bug today,oh well sometimes you just have to take a rest

Ethan,

I know exactly what you are talking about.
I spent all day Friday in the bed and on the couch with migraines.
So much for cub time.
thumbsdown.gif

Marty- migraines are no joke...the last time I had one,it hung on for three days I still had to go to work I could barely function.Luckily I haven’t had one like that in sometime

I spent the early afternoon farting around with my 1450 trying to solve a self inflicted carburetor issue,after hours of frustration i nocked off and I’m now watching Alaska the last frontier Marathon on the Discovery Channel,I love these people,The American Spirit personified

I've flattened several heads using a piece of plate glass and valve grinding compound. Use Dykem layout fluid on the whole surface and use circular laps until lapping removes all the layout fluid (low spots will still be purple, high spots shiny..

So I’m running my very first batch of home brewed beer,I went to my class last Saturday and very excited.i bought some bottles and caps for my new beer,and yes the caps are cub cadet yellow

Took the weekend off and finished up a couple books I want to donate to the library here in town.
Both are non fiction and great reads you will find hard to put down.

"Duty" by Bob Greene, an in depth conversation w/Paul Tibbets WWII Enola Gay pilot.

"Ruin From The Air" The Enola Gay's Atomic mission to Hiroshima

I’ve just enjoyed my first home run beer to say it’s great would be an understatement

My off day.

Took a vacation day because I am NOT going to work on my birthday.
Made that mistake a few years back, they worked the crap out of me!
I said, never again!

I am going to strap on my gun, walk down to the feeder to look for horns/sheds, and swap out the card in my trail camera.
If it ever warms up any, I may start tearing down a plow or two to sandblast. Who knows what else I will get into, but it won't be anything at work!
biggrin.gif

Probably will go eat a big steak this evening to end the day.
drool.gif

Marty-

Happy Birthday!

BTW, I was listening to some radio (coast to coast) the other night and a guy whose name I don't remember stated that by raising the head of the bed 6 inches it would greatly reduce and possibly eliminate migraine headaches. With your history you may have heard this already.

I hope they've stayed away.

Well happy birthday Marty! As I've heard," a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work"

Back