• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

My little 106 headache

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hoover

displayname
Paknght
Well, an update on rebuilding my 106. Replace the clutch and rewired everything new. Hit the choke alittle and it fired right up. Beautiful music. Only problem, the clutch springs that hole the clutch in place hit the bottom nut of the bottom spring. On further observation, I find the the shaft does not go into the motor far enough to give me the room so that everything clears. I see on the shaft is alitlle shinny like it had been further into the motor. even though the motor was turning the shaft when I had it running.
I'm almost there, using the 106 for snow plowing. Hoping we don't get any early snow.

Mike

Mike,

My memory is clouded by more than a decade of other stuff since my 1(4)6, but does the 1X6/7 series have motor mount slots? Could the engine be moved to better fit the driveshaft?

I just visited the trusty parts lookup, and it did not have a view that I could tell if they are slotted.

Last edited:
I am guessing you are talking about the three little springs? I saw a picture you posted and the are not in the right place, Got another picture of it as can not find it.

Latest posts

Back