• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mowing speed on 2130

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbaynes

displayname
Herbert Baynes
Is there some place to look up this? Interest in know which gear is best for mowing and what number deck height? Thanks

Herbert, Those are personal preference. People generally mow at the speed thier comfortable with. Some mow as fast as they can and others take it slow. I think slower makes for a better cut but that depends on a few things too. Type of grass, length of grass, ground conditions, Wet or dry, Acreage can make a person rethink speed.
As far as how tall you cut your grass, under 2 inches is to short for me and you can lose a soft ball in grass over 5 inches so find a happy medium.

I did use a tack that uses reflective tape to pick up a shaft turning . I put the tape on the end of the mower blades on my Chraftsmans ride on mower , I found that with the engine turning at 3600 rpms the blade speed was the same 3600 rpm. I mow my grass at 4" and have found that the grass is healthy and does not seem to dry out as fast as my neighbour and I have few weeds and no dandylions. Works for me .

...just a little slower than the point where the deck starts to do a bad job..otherwise let her eat.....

My personal decks MUST be able to mow at or above 5 mph and do a good job...or I work on them until they do....I can't stand a bad cut, but won't crawl along either...too much grass to cut for that!!!

Back