• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model numbers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjohnson

displayname
marshall johnson
On the home page there is a listing of the models made by IH. In one of the columns it lists model 1000. Does this mean that any number in that model line is also made by IH. For example, models 1015 and 1020. I'm trying to figure the model numbering system out but it's very confusing. Thanks, Marshall

Marshall J: No. The models 800,1000,1100,1200, 1250,1450,& 1650 are the specific QL model numbers of the 1974-1979 IH Quiet Line Garden Tractors. All other Cub Cadet models with 4 digits are later (1986+) CCC/MTD made models and can be either Lawn Tractors or Garden Tractors.

Myron B

... and MTD numbering has no rhyme or reason that I can figure out !
example:
2<font color="0000ff">16</font>6 = 16 horse (not 21 horse)
<font color="0000ff">18</font>72 = 18 horse (not 87 horse)

Thank you for the replies. It really does clarify things as I have one of the previously mentioned models but it definitely is not on par with the older cubs. Thanks again, Marshall

MTD/CC numbers. The early CCC years were all over the place but the Garden/Super Garden era numbers have one style (1872) and then later the 1000, 2000 & 3000 series are another style: 2166, 3184 etc.

Myron B

Latest posts

Back