• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model 81

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kclark

displayname
kevin clark
i hope i am im the right place for this but i got a free model 81. i was trying to get some info on it. is it a dependible tractor. is it a good mower. i want to find a snow plow for it were they made? thanks for the info

Kevin,

You would probably get a better response if you posted in the IH Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor Section. The model 81 was a Lawn Tractor. It had an 8 horse Briggs model 191707 motor. From what I know, they were available in a Hydro and A Gear Drive version with a peerless, belt driven trans. They have a 36" 2 blade deck. A tractor that is dependable, well that all depends on the care it got before you got it and how much you will take care of it. I am not sure that they had a snow plow for it, but they did have a snowblower that was available a Model C-36. But attachments for a model 76 may work as they were pretty close to the same thing, but on that I am not sure. Also, you got mail.

The 81 was a gear drive, the 80 was a hydro. And yes, there was a snowblade for them, too.

Thanks Matt, Not really sure all about the Lawn Tractors, glad you could help straighten it out.

Please check out the Lawn Tractor section and read all about Model 76,80, & 81 LTs.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Back