• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model 451 Blower Fan

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkeenan

displayname
Pat Keenan
I need to straighten the paddles on my 451 Blower Fan. I can not find a picture showing how the gear box output shaft attaches to the fan shaft to seperate the two. Basically, how do I get the fan out of the unit. Thanks.

Pat K Go to the "Cub Cadet parts lookup"Above, type in model # , Zoom in gives good look ...
wink.gif

Pat,

You need to pull the auger assembly by removing the outer bearings' capscrews and the gearbox support bolt. It slides right out. The impeller comes with that assembly. Once removed from the housing you can access the rollpins that tie the impeller to the shaft.

Many guys like to add a gusset once the blades are straightened out. A small piece behind the paddles will prevent future bending.

Thanks for the replies. I was unable to free the fan from the gearbox shaft so I took the gear box apart and pulled the gearbox shaft out the front with the fan still attached. I will use some PB blaster and heat to seperate the parts.
I am using the 451 blower on my 782. Did I read correctly that the gears out of a 450 blower will make the 451 perform better on the 782? Thanks again.

Pat, I read something about that too, but my 451 works just fine on my 1450 as is. I was sort of thinking about changing the pulley on the blower to a smaller one, but again, it works pretty well right now so I don't really want to mess it up.

Update: Well, I was never able to get the impeller fan off from the shaft. I tried heat, pb blaster, big hammer, small hammer.... In the end, I had access to an old 450 blower and took the gearbox and fan from that unit and transplanted into the 451. Everything is working fine. My next modification will be to improve the chute with a taller assembly and remote tilt. Power steering on the 782 would be nice too. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back