• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Million Mile Truck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think a journalist could spell BRAKES properly...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

He credits the truck's longevity to good, consistent maintenance and a load of luck. He changes the oil and gets a tune-up every 3,000 miles, drives easy on the gas and breaks and hasn't had a significant collision, he said.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Art - You're s-l-o-w I sent that link to Kraig and Digger a couple of weeks ago , never did hear from them on it though ... me thinks they can't read
bouncy.gif

KENtucky, you sent it on Monday Feb 4th, and it was a different link.

I didn't see any spelling errors to comment on.
clown.gif

I hope he's not out in the middle of nowhere when it trips over to 1,000,000.0 miles, could be a long walk...

Kraig if you relly knew many people round these parts you'd understand. Miss spelling in the news paper is comon place.

I guess the 400000 on my dodge is no big deal now.

Kraig, how did ya miss where the guy spelled Chvrolet? I guess the E is silent
dizzy.gif

It's interesting that it's had four radiators, five transmissions, six water pumps, etc. but the engine has never been overhauled. The Chevy 350 is as good a motor as any, but I find that hard to believe it's never been opened up. There is just a limit to how long bearings, rings, valve guides, etc will last.

I wondered about the engine lasting that long too. Rare for a gas engine to do that. Diesel....maybe, but 1 mil is alot even for a diesel. He obviously does alot of highway travelling so maybe it is possible. Wonder how much GM will give him for it?

Henri, I'm sure if he put CERMA in the engine, he would be talking about that. It seems that he attributes the long life of his engine to regular oil changes and "luck".

I said "maybe the ORIGINAL owner put CERMA in it" if you look at the link that Kentucky posted you'll see that when the guy who now owns the truck in question bought it the thing had 41000 on the clock so it's anybodies guess as to what was done to the truck before the present owner got it.

I have to call BS on this.
screwloose.gif
A million on an engine, and it has never had any internals replaced?!! I agree that the GM 3 and a 1/2 was a great engine but come on.

Good for him, regular maintenence keeps any vehicle running longer. How much oil was he adding between changes? Maybe an engine with that much on the clock, didnt use any! Cerma or any other additives, I have issues with this claim
thumbsdown.gif

Got to agree with ya Todd. I've driven dump trucks for 16 years, a diesel will way outlast a gas engine. I've seen a couple diesels that were close to those miles and they were wooped. With a gas engine averaging twice the rpm's...no way, even with the best of care. But thats my opinion.

The Guiness book of world records claimed back in the 80's that some guy over in England had an old Rolls-Royce that clicked over 1,000,000 back then. The CERMA thing was a JOKE!! maybe I should've said MMO instead! Hell I think it's the Pennzoil myself,didn't ol' Arney Palmer used to be their spokesman?

Well I would belive it better if it was Pennzoil's old wax based oil.
lol.gif

I never saw so much build up under a lifter cover when I removed the cover from my dads old 72 chevy stationwagon that he alway used Pennzoil in.
Once he saw the build up he quit useing that brand of oil.

Back