• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Metal Dump Cart

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbingham

displayname
Bill Bingham
I picked up a like-new yellow colored metal cub cadet cart from my neighbor today for free - the actuating lever with spring/latch etc. used to release and dump...is missing though. I tried to find some info online/cub website about the lever/mechanism and what I would guess is a spring loaded catch so I can order what I need to repair it but am having no luck finding the cart I have. I think the cart is a 10 cu yd? The only carts I have seen on the cub website are poly or they dont show any kind of dumping lever that I can make out. He thought he got the cart around 2000 with his series 2000 tractor as a promo deal. Is there anywhere online that I can see all the model carts cub made in the last 10 years that have the dumping ability so I can be sure I am ordering the correct parts. I did not see a tag with a model number on the cart.
Thanks,
Bill

That wouldnt be 10 cu yds. Dump trucks and concrete trucks are 10 yds. It must be 10 cu ft.

Bill - Are you looking for this ?
A pic of your cart would help but this is under attachments for a 2086 cub @ the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup BUTTON ABOVE.
75383.gif

The illustration that Ken provided (thanks Ken for the assistance) is different than the cart I have. I called my neighbor last night and he confirmed it is a cub cart and the model is a 190-223A-100 1095 (he had the original foil tag taped to his tractor manual). I looked it up on the cub site and found the model's diagram, except, mine has a curved wire handle spring similar or the same as what Brinly uses on their metal cart - not the coiled type spring as shown in the cub diagram on their crummy website. The bolts and nuts shown and their layout are not the same either. Mine has a bolt with threads on both ends with nuts where the handle pivots. A little confused as to what I have - maybe cub changed the type of spring used as well as a couple other parts about the dump lever mechanism? Just trying not to order wrong parts if I can help it. I tried to see if I could download the owners manual for this cart but nothing comes up on the cub website - thought the assembly section would help clarify the parts and how they attach. Can anyone tell me the approx age of this cart from the numbers?
Thanks for the help.
Bill

Bill B.-

The exploded views in the parts manuals for Cub Cadets are notoriously inaccurate at times. Keep in mind that things get revised and "old" revisions that have been replaced probably won't be shown because parts have been superseded with new parts.

Bill - I couldn't find the cart with your provided #'s
dunno.gif

I got my 2166 in that time frame and I picked up a brochure but I may not be able to find it now. Things got boxed up here a couple of weeks ago.

Bill B: Here ya go incl the model number which can be looked up.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
75434.jpg

Yep totally different latch than the one I posted. Now I see from his number the "223A" was all that was needed.

Brinly makes carts for Cub Cadet, and Brinly recently changed their latching mechanism.

It's probably easier to just make that one, then to jump through the hoops to buy it.

Back