Lesser brands of garden tractors

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Anybody know anything about the older Allis-Chalmers garden tractors? I've just been offered one for free and was wondering if there are any parts on those that can be used on cubs. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, if ya didn't have to pay to get at a lot of the GOOD info
wink.gif

Matt -

You don't mention which model, so nobody's really gonna be able to help you as far as engine parts. If it's an early one, they had cast iron B&S engines, so about all you could use might be the battery. And the bulbs if it has headlights. And maybe, just maybe, the fuel filter bowl.

I don't know what model yet. I was wondering because I have seen several AC garden tractors with K-series engines.

The older B-Series (1962-1970) are yellow and have Briggs engines.The 300,400,700 and 900 series (1971 to late 80s) are orange and have Kohler engines.

www.simpletractors.com is a free site.
The SimpletrACtors "clubhouse" is where the disscussion forums are located and is a "Dues" paying site for full access.

All I can say is..
"RUN AWAY!!!" I have had many of the mid series AC/Simplicity tractors go through my hands and I still do not like them. They are a PITA to work on the rear sectuion, that is anything beyond flywheel. Also, the NLA right angle gear box can make things hard to deal with if there are problems there.

Latest posts

Back