• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kevin's Ferrari

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdunham

displayname
Kevin Dunham
Tedd-Didn't you win the last prize?? Well,it's yours again. Here it is,model 95, 2 cylinder air cooled Lombardini,twin rear Pto's(I'll let someone guess as to why) and ALOT of controls. How is it Cub related? It's not,sue me.
22719.jpg

22720.jpg
\
22721.jpg

22722.jpg

22723.jpg

22724.jpg

22725.jpg

22726.jpg

Kevin D & all,

Most of the Italian tractors (and maybe most European ones) have a ground speed PTO as well as one or more "standard " ones. For a peek at what Kevin means by driving a worm, go to:

http://www.geocities.com/nepasquali/trailer.html

BTW Kevin, I can bring a F1 Ferrari flag to your next showing of this beast. You can fly it over your pit.

JimE

That is way cool. Maybe I need to incorporate something like that into Foxtrot. Talk about the long, long tractor.

(Message edited by till on November 08, 2004)

Jim E. -

Figured I'd test the "move post" icon and see if I could move Kevin's pics here. Worked better than expected!

Ted,

My drawing board project is/has been an all-hydro articulated. I have been collecting parts and making paper trade-offs until I finish building my addition. Soon I hope to be building a prototype drive system on a trial chassis. The basic end design looks similar to the pasquali but using x82 sheet metal.

Well, back to interior finish work.

JimE

Hmmm, I wonder why "what sound do flat Pirellis make?" is rattling around inside my head...
lol.gif

Dunahm & I talked today about making this a multi bottom push-pull plowing outfit for plow day....would THAT be interesting to see.....

Hey Kevin...
Whilst in the shower (where I seem to strike upon half my eurekas... the other half being... nevermind)

I remembered what the European designation for such machines is. They're referred to as Vinyard Tractors. My cousin Jaques (in Bettborn, Luxembourg) has a Moto-Guzzi tractor that's similar to your Ferrari.

Note that your Ferrari isn't completely off-topic- In the IH agricultural dissolution, the Lombardini company ended up with building and name rights not only to a few nice IH family products, they also carried off the McCormick name.

(McCormick... ah... a fine Italian name...)

Anyway, The 'vinyard' name is loosely applied to all compact, maneuverable tractors, wether they're used in vinyard or orchard operations. They're often fitted with terracing blades, or pulling wagons full of grapes, olives, etc., through tight spaces and up/down steep grades. The 'powered trailer' is likely one of those...

IH & vineyards works for me as my 1962 Scout 80 came from a vineyard in Oregon. It was lady driven and would fit between the rows this would also account for the low miles,69,000 original

Well as long as we're onto oddball and foreign tractors here are some pics Steve Johnson from Salem, OR sent of a Crawley tractor British origin. If memory serves me correctly it has a JAP 16 HP single cylinder crank start enginge. He got it off eBay a while back.

<center>
22764.jpg

22765.jpg

22766.jpg
</center>

(Message edited by bnecker on November 08, 2004)

I prefer Teutonic engineering, myself...

22769.jpg

22770.jpg

Bryan-Wow,that Porsche is CRAZY!

Bob-That Crowley is CRAZIER! It looks all promising with that 3 point but I have a feeling some serious disappointment is in order for whoever tries actually using it!
lol.gif

A very interesting spot to check out is the "Tired Iron Tactor Museum" on Rt 20a in Cuylerville NY.(South of Rochester), Old Bump Hamilton has accumulated a really nice collection of tractors and equipment, including a Porsche, a Silver King used in the movie "The Natural", a few garden tractor type rigs, just a great place to poke around. Bump passed on last year, but the family will keep his hobbby going for a while yet. I'll try to get in and shoot some pix of IH related stuff there. It's also close to the 1941 historical Aircraft Group museum, with a nice collection of warbirds. The B-17 Memphis Belle is currently wintering there, as is a C-47 Dakota that is documented as being in the first wave of airborne over Normandy.

Latest posts

Back