• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Is anybody having problems displaying pictures on this forum?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen S.
User friendly?
I guess I'm just used to it, but I gotta tellya, Of almost all the forums I mess around on, I kinda like the forum and the format style.
Now Bryan on the other hand will prolly say we need all threads, LOL

I have not checked, nor has Bryan in a while, but I don't think there's any updates that would benefit us right now, but we'll see what's out there.
thumbsup_old.gif

The forum is going to be moved to a dedicated server before to long as we seem to be kickin a$$ with band width usage this year and the overage cost so far are way more than a dedicated server in the long run. So it's time to make the change.

Digger:
You may have just identified the issue - pushing the limits on bandwidth or contention for memory or processor on the server can cause issues. BTW - don't listen to Bryan - I like the Forum the way is laid out now too. (sorry Bryan...)

FWIW, I'm using Windows Vista w/Service Pack 2 and IE8 on this office computer and am having NO problems on the CC Forum or other internet sites. On my shop computer, I use XP Pro with all available service packs and updates. For security on both , I use Norton Security and Spyware Doctor. No bugs, fleas, ticks, worms or virii on either computer....

I agree with Charlie that a dedicated server will get us some enhanced bandwidth, a good thing, but I'm having no real problems with current forum operations.

Myron B

Myron:
Good that you aren't having the problem - I'm not sure how many actually are on this forum... but I know outside of here it's a known issue with infrastructure routers. It's entirely possible that the issue is at the ISP level and may depend on how good the route is between the forum host's network and the user's. AT this point, I haven't ruled out a local router problem, but I've got to take a laptop and hook it direct to the cable modem to eliminate the internal network here. If I had time (I'm retired - no time for anything, now) I'd set up a network sniffer and establish the cause of the dropped sessions, but I don't even have a current version of one of the software only ones anymore...I do know that Traceroute and Ping times look normal and it doesn't look to be dropped packets (you'd eventually get everything, just slower)... Please note that client/server/network issues can be "verrrrry interesting" - I spent 40 years involved in mission critical data networks, starting with ASR 28 TTYs talking to a Burroughs B-5500 and ending with the responsibility of remote desktop management of 50,000+ computers.. and it was still as "interesting" the day I retired... One of the differences in our day-to-day job was that we controlled the networks from end to end, either directly or through a contracted vendor (AT&T etc.). When we first started discussing the use of the Internet for talking to business partners. I did a white paper on the pitfalls and one of the highest issues was lack of end to end control. Right now, I can control my end of things and Bryan and Charlie can control the other end (through their web hosting service provider), but once it hits the Internet, you have no idea how hard it is to get a network issue resolved....
bash.gif

Kendal..To solve your problem...just move to Texas!!....
lol.gif

Myron

Back