• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

International 424 Specs needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I have been trying to get a International 424 gas burner running but can't find tune-up specs anywhere. I've found about every other spec I can think of but what I need.

I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction for these specs.

TIA

That would be the C-146 4cyl. gas engine?

Correct-o-mundo!

Any manuals to be found?

Thanks Frank

Interesting "little" tractor. (Aren't they all?) I hit Tractor Data dot com and found they were made from 1964-1967, cost $3300 in 1967 (gotta get the inflation calculator back) and they were also made in Doncaster, England (besides Louisville). Does it have a hydraulic rear hitch? I see it has power assist steering and the cab is an "open operator station".
happy.gif

UNDER EDIT: Inflation Calculator says that $3300 in 1967 would be $21,306.89 in 2010.

Frank-

I'm not familiar with a "hydraulic hitch". It has the 3pt, of course, a 540 pto and auxillary hydraulics at the rear. It has the model 2001(?) front end loader with a trip bucket. I've stumbled across most of those specs you mentioned while looking for a manual. It needs a grill and should clean up nicely. It's in a dark barn now or I'd have pics. I've driven/used it before hauling hay and some bushhogging.

It suffers from what ten+ years sitting in a barn does to machinery. New front tires have been sitting on a flat spot and show dry rot. Rears are decent. It does have the side panels.

The muffler looks like someone stuffed a lit cherry bomb inside. It must have done some serious backfiring.

FRANK - I suspect most of the assembly was done @ Doncaster. They would have shipped "Skidded Units" to LVL, engine, tranmission & final drives and LVL would have sourced wheels & tires, added things like the 3-pt hitch then shipped them to dealers in the US.

Units shipped to Canadian dealers were fully assembled @ Doncaster.

IH did this same thing all the way up to the last new series of tractors, the 484, 584,684,784, 885, & Hydro 84. I think the X85 series was branded Case/IH, and they may have been handled this way too.

Latest posts

Back