• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH in films

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I watched a movie called vigalanti force yesterday.

Jan-Michale Vincents character owns a IHC dealership in it. There is alot of IH in the movie from equipment to hats and shirts.
He drives a model 200 4x4 with a big
ihrotate.gif
painted on the doors.

Anyone else know of movies with IH in them

In the movie "Twister", alot of I.H. stuff comes down as "debris" ! I think they show them driving past the dealership right before that happens.

Ok I just found and others may know this but IH had its own film company for advertisment purposes.

there is a web site that sells the dvds, what is cool, is they let you veiw a sample of each dvd, Which is VERY COOl.... 2 of the samples have cubs in them. they show a 1x5w/sand rake and an ad for the "O" check it out...Denny you might reconize stuff

http://farmingtonimplement.com/shop/dvd-a/

In the TWISTER movie the equipment came from the then still in existence Hubbard, Iowa IH dealership. A gentleman came into the dealership and wanted some equipment and started with a used combine. The sales rep took him outside and began asking just what kind of combine and specs did he want on it. The gentleman replied that he wasn't gong to use the combine for anything. It just had to look good for a movie it was to be in. Ssooo... after the combine was chosen the sales rep asked if they could remove certain items. The reply came back they could as long as it wasn't something that would really show up as missing when the combine was dropped from a crane and parts went flying. The tire that goes bouncing/rolling off the combine was a "studio prop" a.k.a. not a real combine tire. A young man said they were going to "permanently borrow" the tire after the shooting was done and before the debris was cleaned up. He said the prop weighed more than the real tire would have. The Dodge truck that was destroyed came from the local dealership. The dealer was given permission to remove the engine from the truck before it was destroyed. The tanker truck that was blown up ... that was done on a local count bridge just outside of Cambridge, Iowa and left soot on the bridge for quite awhile. The explosion didn't set well with the local townsfolk. A guy that I used to work with worked at the time for a local towing compmany and one morning had to pick up a gentleman at his hotel and take the man to where the previous afternoon he had managed to get his Hummer stuck in a small stream. Upon arriving at the stream the guy said, "If you just gun the vehicle a little bit you'll get right out." The owner of the Hummer said to just go ahead and pull it out and he'd sign and pay with a credit card. After he got back to the shop the fella noticed the gentleman's signature.... Stevn Spielberg.

Just some of the stuffies that I've picked up from living out in these parts throughout the years.

Jeff, thanks for the info and link. Very cool. Quite expensive though...
eek.gif

JEFF - Thanks for the link to those DVD's, Like Kraig says, wish they were cheaper, I'd get all six.

About the only thing I haven't got personal experience with is the construction equipment, but about everything AG & truck related I've been around most of my life.

Those old 50's vintage trucks are some of the weirdest creatings ever put on the road! Like the COE model, they used the cab from the R-series and plopped it on top of a framerwork to enclose the engine.

Lot of the video's I really would like to see more of. I didn't see anyone I recognized from FARMALL but I knew right where all the scenes were from.

Dennis I have been waiting for your input I knew when I saw them that you would reconize stuff.

I really like the ad where the guy intoduces the Original, He is very aggresive.

The Farmington Implement tapes are worth the $$$...the full features are a great glimpse into IH past!!!

Who can forget "Airplane" when the 3588 2+2 hits the "field" with all of the emergency equipment (including the beer truck).

...The IH refridgerator on "Friends"

....The 1450 in "The Muppet Movie"

.....the Farmall's pulling parade floats in front of the toy store in "A Christmas Story" AKA "You'll shoot your eye out"

....1086 in the opening scenes of "Days of Thunder"

STEVE - I think the "Kentucky Harvester" in Gremlins was actually an IH too.

And the 806 running a frt mounted lister in the start of Dallas.

Somewhat off topic (as if that's stopped me before?) but there is an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Scout in a Jewlery commercial running lately. Zales?

I noticed one of the "Pumpkin Chuckin'" teams on the Discovery Channel the other night was using a nice old IH straight truck from the early 60's as a base for their air cannon.

Eddie, you mean the one about the 125 and the Sand Rake? If so, yes I did.

Should have known you did. I believe you could smell a 125 a mile away. I have one also with a tiller and hyd. lift. Good little tractor.

International Harvester was the <u>FIRST</u> to use motion pictures for it's advertising. The former head of operations at the IH Photo lab is one of the members of Chapter #2 of Northern Illinois. He has lots-o-stories to tell.

Anyone ever notice the FARMALL M in the background in the series The Band of Brothers? Or the 856 in the TV movie The Delphi Bureau where in one scene they showed a new 1066 without a cab alongside a shed. Scroll down on the site for more information. Another old movie with a FARMALL Super M or MTA with a three point hitch rear mounted cultivator... Ode To Billie Jo based on the song by Bobby Gentry.

Don't forget the narrow frame that popped up in "Bull Durham"...

Marlin,
Didn't notice but that was a well done movie based on a true story. Was hoping someone would maybe surprise me with that as a Christmas or birthday gift but not yet and that's ok. It's all good.

IIRC the IH tractors as well as pickups were often seen on the "Lassie" tv series as well. I think I remember the 450 tractor vintage being featured? Anyone else remeber these?

Latest posts

Back