• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH cub cadet 682

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jott

Im new to the 82 series cub cadets so im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but well see. Today i bought a 1981 cub 682 with an immacualte 44" deck and decent snowblower for $95. Yes $95.00 it runs but not real well it has new plugs and a carb rebuild kit in it but not a new throttle shaft. I was wondering if the throttle shaft is the problem or if the high speed adjustment screw needs to be set. It has an onan 16 hp engine in it and ive heard they are touchy when it comes to the carb so i dont want to do much with it untill i get some info on it. It idles great but anything above that it runs rough. I turned the front pto on while it was idling and it quit so i put it up to half throttle and it did the same thing. Any thoughts or insight on that would be helpful. It feels great to be an owner of an 82 series cub cadet
greenthumb.gif

Josh: The 1981 IH Model 682 Cub Cadets did <u>not</u> come with an Onan engine of any horsepower. The Models 682 & 782 came OEM with a Kohler twin cyl 17 hp KT17 Series I engine... The only model of the 82 series with an Onan engine was the larger "super garden" Model 982 which had an opposed twin cyl 19.9 Onan engine.

Myron B

Latest posts

Back