• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH 3514 - starter motor replacement?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rromano

displayname
RR
I've got a 3514 loader/backhoe that I've been refreshing over the last couple of years.

Last week, I started the machine and worked with it for about 25 minutes... then stopped and turned it off to hop down and do a bit of work by hand. I jumped back up on it about 5 minutes later, and when I hit the starter... nothing.

When I turn the key on I hear the fuel shutoff click on. When I press the start button, the volt meter drops sharply, so something is drawing current... but it's completely silent. No click of a solenoid, no attempt to rotate the motor, nothing.

It was running great when I shut it off and it had no problem starting just 30 minutes before. The batteries are only a year old and spent the winter on batter tenders.

Any thoughts come to mind? Any tips on changing the starter motor if that turns out to be the problem? The starter motor doesn't appear anywhere in my engine or frame manual... so I'm not sure where they cover that!

Thanks!
-Russ

Latest posts

Back